3. Blue: Secrets of the Hart by endxofxforever

Whatpad Name: endxofxforever

Tittle: Secrets of the Hart

Genera(s): Romance, Thriller 

Personal Message to the audience:

Hey guys! I'm really grateful and honored that this story has made it to the shortlist! This story was an idea that I've come up with way, way back in 2007 and it's gone through a couple of revisions since then. Please do vote for the story (you can see the star at the side of this page!) if you enjoyed it

Synopsis: 

Like everyone else, Christina Drake has a lot of secrets. The only difference is hers are a lot harder to conceal. For instance, her real name isn't even Christina Drake.

In order to keep those secrets, she has a lot of training. She has learnt to disarm, to charm and how to be as nondescript as possible, so ordinary that nobody would have the recollection of ever meeting her.

She has learnt black from white and to her, they are so distinct that there are no grey areas. Though she may not be in total control of her life, everything is simple and she is just fine with this arrangement. Or at least...until she meets someone who turns her world upside down and whose moral compass is as grey as smoke.

Best Chapter: 

Helen was afraid to open the Aston Martin.

She knew that Dylan Fuller wasn’t as bad as his father, that he wouldn’t hide drugs or any kind of arms in the car. But she also knew that the apple never fell too far from the tree. Though Dylan had moments where he seemed almost human, he was not as generous as to donate an Aston Martin for the charity auction, especially since both father and son had never paid much attention to the auction.

Helen had usually ended attending that alone, which was perfectly fine with her. Though Sean Fuller had been one of the most important donors of the homeless shelter, he merely treated it as a convenient cover for hiding whatever he needed to from the law and then passing the item to his subordinates. It was peculiar that Dylan would suddenly pretend to care so much.

And what about that girl who was with him?

She seemed awfully certain that she had nothing to worry about when it came to Dylan. Hell, she was probably in love with him. The Fullers could be very charming and they were extremely rich. To a girl who didn’t even understand the Fullers’ connections, Dylan probably seemed like an excellent boyfriend.

What made things even more suspicious was that he had brought her here, when both father and son had never brought their other halves with them before. They preferred to keep this place a complete secret. There was no way Dylan would have rebelled against his father like that, no matter what rumours she had heard.

There was something fishy going on and it was past time that she stopped pretending to be oblivious to it.

Helen’s hand trembled as she forced herself to open the passenger door, get in and open the glove compartment. There was only a non-descript brown envelope,addressed to Sean Fuller, which she opened cautiously, careful not to tear it.

It was a piece of plain paper, with only three words on it.

I have her.

**** 

I fiddled with my bracelet uneasily, trying not to read too much into what Helen had said before, but failed. There was not much to hold my attention to, the city seemed clear and open, with very few spots for snipers. So there wasn’t anything I could think of, aside from what Helen had been trying to warn me about.