5. Purple: Sweet Satisfaction by Starz00

Whatpad Name: Starz00

Tittle: Sweet Satisfaction

Genera(s): Historical, Teen Fiction

Personal Message to the audience:

First of all, I would like to thank the judges for shortlisting Sweet Satisfaction. This means so much to me as I spent six months writing it. Also, I want people to read it, even if it's just one person because I really want to get the moral at the end across to people. I want to make a change in this world through my writing. I'm really grateful for all of those who have read it so far, it means a lot to me to know you took the time. I don't really mind where I get in this competition, it's the taking part that counts, but if I won I would be immensely grateful to all those who voted for me. I would also like to say thanks to the judges and the host of this competition for all their time and dedication- thank you!

Synopsis: 

 January, 1915

Kings Lynn, Norfolk, England In the midst of the first world war, lives 17 year old heiress Elsie Kingston, who is at her first soiree. What she doesn’t know is that night, German aeroplanes will invade the town. And the accident will change her life forever. Now, her father is determined to see her wedded and bedded to secure a male heir. He is unaware that Elsie definitely has other ideas, and that a ghost from the past will do anything to get their sweet satisfaction…

Snippet : End of Chapter Five

An explosion of horror burst in my stomach, dread filling my mouth like ink.

“Everyone, run, run!” I screamed, pushing through to the packed drawing room, searching around for Rose.

Rashly, in despair, I flung myself at the pianist, pushing him off his stool, my arm jabbing at keys and letting out a strangled tune. I fell to the floor, wincing.

"Whatever are you doing?” the pianist yelped, as the room fell to a silence. I opened my mouth to answer.

I imagined it dropping, falling. I looked up at the ceiling, gasping for breath, frozen in shock. Then, the bomb went off.

I hope this entices you enough to read! Thank you once again

>>>Click the external link on the right hand side to take you to the full story<<<

Panel Comments: 

Beckyking87: “I enjoyed this very much, there are not many stories like this one on Wattpad. I would defiantly continue reading.”

ThirteenthChild: “I really love the idea of this story, so this would probably be my second choice :D"

cookiesandteawithme: “I really like the plot! Half way through it I decided it was worth it.” 

viogirl9: “The beginning was simply riveting. It captured my attention from the start and I was completely drawn in. It was definitely my number #1 pick in the top 5."