Interview with Starz00: Purple Category Winner

Whatpad Name: Starz00

Tittle: Sweet Satisfaction

Genera(s): Historical, Teen Fiction

1. When I was told I won the UGC contest for my category, I think my eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. I had been a little nervous before as I'd discovered I had 99 + notifications on my Wattpad app, so I was like... what does this mean. I remember screaming out to my Nan 'OMG I won the contest!'

2. My journey has been incredible on Wattpad. I first started on here over a year ago and Wattpad has helped me become a better writer in so many ways. I remember (due to status updates saved on my phone) shouting out to everyone every time I reached another hundred reads on my first work on here, Athenia's Choice, so I was pretty excited that someone liked my work!

3. Sometimes, yes, I have felt that my story deserved to be discovered, because I put so much hard work into my stories, from researching to typing them up to writing out neat drafts. I felt kind of despairing when only my first chapter was getting all the reads and no-one was venturing further. I employed lots of critics and they helped me in so many ways.

4. I honestly don't know what inspired me to write Sweet Satisfaction, the story I entered in the UGC. Looking back at my first drafts, I see a story idea about a 'rich girl' who becomes best friends with her maid, and a boy somehow involved. My working title at that point was 'Pebbles on a Stony Beach'! Can you imagine Sweet Satisfaction actually being called that? As my story went on, I drew inspiration from my real life problems and Sweet Satisfaction became a less simple story than I thought it might be!

5. My biggest challenge as a writer is coming up with non-cliche ideas and overcoming writer's block. One of the biggest challenges I faced on Wattpad as a writer was when someone was really rude about my story Athenia's Choice and made me feel like I had no right to write Historical Fiction. The biggest challenge I had with Sweet Satisfaction.. I'm not too sure to be honest! Probably figuring out the ending but I won't say too much as I don't want to reveal anything!

6. My hobby other than writing has got to be Genealogy; you could say I'm obsessed by it! That's probably why, in lots of my stories, I have a lot of secret family history storylines going on. Those who read until the end of Sweet Satisfaction (when it's finally all up on Wattpad) will discover that the genealogy of the Kingstons is the most important thing of all... but I won't give away too much! I love finding out about my family by using genealogy websites- I love a great mystery digging through all the parish records!

7. To my fans on Wattpad, I'd like to say thank you for all being so loyal and dedicated, coming back every week to read more, reading the whole story in one go, or critiquing. It means a lot to me that you take the time to do that. I'd also like to say thanks to my Nan, she has supported me so much in every story I have written! To my teachers in primary school, thanks for encouraging me and realizing that I had some sort of talent for writing! To my real-life best friends, thanks for listening to me going on about my latest plotline and story twist! And to the UCG panel- you each gave up your time to read my story and shortlist me- thank you so much!

>>>Click the external link on the right hand side to take you to the full story<<<

Jouney in this Competition:

Started with 1,936 reads and 184 votes.

Ends with 3,856 reads and 326 votes.