4. Blue: Night Stalker (Bad Blood, #1) by angelica-ng

Whatpad Name: angelica-ng

Tittle: Night Stalker (Bad Blood, #1)

Genera(s): Vampire, Romance

Personal Message to the audience:

Hi! First of all, thank you so much to every one (especially the Panel members) who had already read the story. It is an on going serial and things in the "Bad Blood" universe are just about to heat up, so I really hope you guys stay tuned.

For those who haven't read it yet, please do give it a shot. It's for the lovers of the bad guys or anti-heroes. (Oh, you like Damon Salvatore or Eric Northman or Klaus Mikaelson? Well then, you might like my vampire, Wendell Wolff too ;)) And if you end up liking it, please please please spare a vote for this newbie.

Thank you so much in advance! You guys are amazing! :)

Synopsis: 

 "I drink yours, you drink mine," she whispered. "Paint me red, Wendell. Bloody, bloody red."

NIGHT STALKER is an adult vampire romance between the dominant CEO Warren Wolff, The Authority's protege Wendell Wolff, and the lady whose drop of blood held great power...Gwendolyn Wilkins.

GWENDOLYN - I was in love with my boss, Warren, but lately, I had only been dreaming about his twin brother, Wendell. I knew I should have ran for the hills, once I discovered that he was beyond human, but how could I when he was everywhere in the night and kept me captive in the dark? Still, I believed that there was a gentleness inside of him that I just had to help break free from all the layers of evil he hid it under. And well, also because he had opened my eyes to things I never thought I could capable of doing.

WENDELL - I had a plan, and I was to stick with it and fulfill my promise to The Authority--to find its leader's daughter and my long lost love, Helena, and bring her back to us--but then, I found Gwen, the girl who was oblivious to the type of power she held. At first, I saw her as a potential asset to my search for dear Helena, but then, something happened...

In our darkest dreams, we found the light.

Chapter One: GWENDOLYN

In the dim light of our office, he stalked me, the sound of his footsteps growing louder, making my heart palpitate. With a deep inhale, he breathed my scent in and lost himself in it.

Why was he here? He never stayed after hours. He had people, including me, to finish up the remaining tasks around here. He was the boss. My boss.

***

For the past year, I had worked as his executive assistant, his right-hand woman for his every important business affair. It was an honorable job, one that I could proudly say justified my capabilities and talents, solidifying my career as a fruitful one so far.

He and I spent nights and days together, bounded by the concrete walls of his stark office and isolated from the rest of the world. We breathed in the same air, shared the same vision of scenery, and indulged in the same work-related activities.

One would think that, after a year working closely with one another, we would have developed a great relationship--maybe even friendship--but we didn't. In fact, we were far from it.

As early as my eleventh day on the job, he laid down a set of cardinal rules for me. With lines of distress and frustration showing on his youthful face, he looked at me like a man possessed. "Miss Wilkins," he said through gritted teeth, calling my attention.