An Old Friend

Morning came too quickly. I woke up to the same dream that I had before about my brothers death. Smoke was still asleep. I check the clock to see that it was eight.

'Breakfast should've started,' I thought.

I grab my SAS uniform and walk into the bathroom to change. After changing, I creeped out of the room to see Thatcher ready to go.

"Give me just a minute. I'm waiting for Mute to finish up."

"Should I wake up Smoke?" I ask.

"I wouldn't recommend it. He always wakes up at about nine thirty."

Mute appears from the doorway Thatcher was standing next to. The three of us made our way to the cafeteria and sat down at a table. As we sat down, Thatcher began talking about training.

"If you don't mind Renegade, I've  already found you a training partner," he said.

"Who is it?"

"Hibana, the second heavy breacher on the team. I spoke with her and she thought she would work well with you."

"So you got Hibana of all people eh?" Smoke said as he put his hand on my shoulder. "She belongs to the Japanese CTU. I've also heard she is a nice lookin' lass."

"When did you get here?!"

"I just woke up as you three left."

"I'd save the sweet talk for someone else."

"I will mate. Frost is the lucky gal to be paired with me."

"Let's hope she is not like the gals back home."

"Just don't do anything to embarrass us Smoke," Thatcher said.

After breakfast, I made my way to the gym. I saw many weights, exercise machines and even a spot for parkour. I stood there waiting for Hibana. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a woman with the Japanese flag on her uniform walk over.

"Excuse me but are you Renegade?" She asked.

"I am and you are Hibana if I am correct," I reply.

I turn around and I immediately recognize her upon eye contact. I was speechless on the current situation, but I tried to find words.

"Yumiko? Is it truly you?"

"Cole? It's been ages," she says as she puts me into an embrace. "Why didn't you tell me you joined Team Rainbow?"

"I wanted to surprise you."

"You surprised me all right. Did Thatcher plan to pair us together or is it out of coincidence?"

"Possibly. But I wouldn't speculate it too much."

"I guess your right. Either way, I think it is a good thing."

"Pardon?"

"It's been years since I last saw you. I finally get to see why Six chose you."

"Likewise."

"First, how about I show you why I am called the second heavy breacher."

Hibana walks me over to the firing range. She picks up her X-KAIROS Launcher and aims at a target. She fires six flowerlike pellets at the target.

"Knock knock," she says as she pushes a button on her launcher.

After five seconds, the target blows up completely. I stood there in awe.