Alfie

Everything felt wrong. Everything. My skin crawled and my head hurt and my throat felt sore all of a sudden for a reason I couldn't explain. I was lying to Zoe. I was lying to a friend who trusted me and everything felt wrong. 

We watched Elf and decorated the tree when I politely said I had to leave. I didn't have any other obligations, but I hated seeing Zoe so happy when I knew it was all false happiness. If I had told her the truth she would never have been this happy. 

She gave me a hug goodbye which was something she normally didn't do. It was something that meant she was incredibly happy. This made me incredibly sad. I got on my bike and rode back home where I just sat outside. 

I saw my mother looking at me from the window, but I ignored her and stayed out in the cold, just thinking. I pulled out my phone and called Niomi. I thought she might be able to set my mind at ease. She answered the second ring and I asked her if she wanted to met at a coffee shop. She agreed and I got back on my bike to head into town. 

I was there before Niomi and got us a table. I was hoping that if Niomi and I ever became a couple I could escaped this terrible feeling I felt when I was around Zoe. I wouldn't feel like I was constantly lying about my feelings for her, because they hopefully wouldn't be there anymore. I did feel bad for lying though, I really did. 

Niomi arrived a few minutes later and leaned in to give me a hug. When she pulled away, but was still close I looked her in the eyes and sighed a bit before leaning in and kissing her. 

xxx