Chapter 12

Seto

I just run, and run, and eventually I find a tree, that I could easily climb, and I get to one of its limbs. I'm gasping for breath, and I sit there, hidden by the leaves. My god. I haven't done that since... I saw my parents die. Right infront of me. I sigh, and pull up one of my legs. "Notch, I'm such a idiot sometimes." I say to myself.

"True!" I heard from behind me, and I yell and fall backward, hanging by my legs on the tree limb. "Don't.. Do... That!!" I say, moving so I'm hanging by my hands on the tree, and jump down to the branch below me. "Sorry." It says as I sit. He comes infront of me, and I say, "hey Jerome..." And turn around. "What happened back there?" He says, sitting on the branch in front of me.

"Um..." I say, not sure how to answer. "Can you tell a Bacca the truth?" He says, and I sigh.

"All sorcerers and sorceresses have this... Defense mechanism. If they feel threatened, or feel the extremes of anger, then their powers just... Sorta go beserk, maiming or killing if anything gets in the way of the sorcerer/sorceress' path. It locks on one thing, on like, saving Ender, and it won't stop until it's done. Mitch was lucky, I wasn't that far into it..." I say, looking down.

"The first time it happened.... It was when my parents died. When I was 4. We were at the house.."

FlashBack

"Jimmy, come in here for dinner!" My mom yelled. I smiled, and stood up and walked in our small home. "Happy birthday!" My dad yelled and hugged me. I smiled largely as the cake came out, and I blew out the 5 candles. We then did gifts. My mom gave me a spell book, and my dad gave me his cloak. I love them. I put on the purple cloak and put the spell book in my pocket.

I ran upstairs to get my shoes on, we were about to go to the forest to go hunting. I slid on my black shoes, then I heard screaming. I ran downstairs, to see 4 men in black, 2 holding my mom, 2 holding my dad.

"Jimmy r-!" Mom said, then was shot in the stomach, and my dad the same. I began to break down, but then, anger filled my body. I shot my arms up, and they fell to the floor, dead. I was scared. I ran over to my parents. "W-we l-ove you...." Mom says, then she stops. I cry over their bodies, and then stand up.

I wipe my tears, and grab my moms bow, and my dad's emerald/diamond sword. I grab my sheath, and put the sword in, and the bow around me. I take one last look, and run into the tiga, never turning back.

"And so, the bow and sword broke, and I decided to go by Seto, my middle name." I say, looking down again, crying. I finger the book in my pocket. "Dude, I'm sorry, I never knew."

I get down from the tree quickly, running away from Jerome, and pull up my hood. "See ya later!" I say, and run back to camp, and lay down where Ender lay, passed out. I throw my head on the log and look up at the stars. I put my face in my hands then, and begin to cry. I eventually cry myself to sleep...