Chapter 13: Case Closed

Heiji's POV
Kazuha and I were exhausted from the preliminary exams, but we still had to get to the airport for our trip from Osaka to Tokyo. We pack our belongings and got our tickets.

"Take care, Heiji! Have a safe trip!" Oka-san called.

"Hope ya arrest that dorobo (thief), ma boy!" Oto-san called.

"Oh, I will and put him behind bars!" I called.

"Hope ya'll travel safely, Kazuha," her dad said, hugging her.

"I will, Oto-san," Kazuha replied, reassuring him.

We got on the airport and slept the whole flight.

When we landed in Tokyo, we took a ride in a bus to take us to the Mouri Detective Agency.

When we reached our destination and stepped inside, Nee-chan was checking her phone on the couch and Occhan was waiting at his table and looking annoyed. Something wasn't right here and they didn't seem to have eaten dinner and there were bowls and chopsticks on the table.

"What's going on here, Nee-chan, Occhan?" I asked, turning their attention to me.

"Konichiwa, Hattori-kun, Kazuha-chan," Ran replied.

"Nice to see you, Heiji, Kazuha. You see, Ran is checking her phone and I'm here waiting because Conan hasn't come home nor texted yet," Occhan explained.

"Nani!? Conan-kun hasn't come home!" Kazuha exclaimed, surprised.

Ano yatsu (That guy)! What does he think he's doing making his girlfriend worried about him!? I thought, a vain popping in my head.

Then Nee-chan's phone began ringing.

(Conan-kun's is still the same, theirs is like this.)

"Where have you been, Conan-kun!? I've been worried sick about you!" Nee-chan screamed, tears in her eyes.

"Gomene, Ran-neechan. I'm in Shibuya and-"

"Nani!? You're in Shibuya! Where is that!?" I shouted at him. You better explain why you're there, boke (idiot)!

"Can't you at least let me finish my sentence, hothead! I just recovered from my fever and you're all there screaming at me!"

"Suman, Ku-Conan-kun. Please continue," I apologized. I didn't mean to do that.