Chapter 15: It's Not the Same

Haibara's POV
This morning at 1:30 a.m., they brought me to their hideout and pulled me out of the sack. I paled when I saw my two captors.

"Long time, no see, Sherry, or is it Haibara Ai now?" Gin greeted creepily, making me cringe.

"Gin and Vodka! How did you-?" I was cut off when Gin put his gloved hand on my mouth.

"Figure out? I thought it was strange that you weren't found dead in the train explosion and that somehow you were working with a man who helped you escape through the vent when I almost shot you to death back then until I was struck with a tranquilizer just like the time I found a strand of your hair in my kuruma and a similar mike that was accurately shot by Akai Shuichi from another building across where 'Sleeping Kogoro' resided in. Now, tell me, Sherry. Was the man Kudou Shinichi, whose body was not found dead like we thought when he affected by the poison you created?" Gin asked, concluding his findings.

Kudou-kun! They found out he wasn't dead! I thought, my heart beating faster in fear.

"Take Sherry to Ano Kata, Vodka. He would very pleased to see her, and I would be taking this," Gin instructed Vodka, leading me away while inspecting my stuff.

When we entered the room, Vodka pushed me to the floor.

"She's here, Boss," he announced, turning the heads of every Black Organization member to me and him.

I spotted Rena-san and she was surprised to see me but quickly hid it with a poker face. I didn't meet her personally, but Hondou Eisuke reminded me of her. She must be surprised why a child like me is doing here.

Then I glanced at Bourbon or Touro Amuro-san, though Kid was the one who met him in my adult form in that train explosion, I still remembered him. Now he knows, I can tell.

I dared not look Vermouth in the eye, Chianti, Korn, and is that Wakasa Rumi-sensei!?

What's Wakasa-sensei doing here!? I thought, trying to ignore her.

Then I heard a voice in my mind.

'Oi Haibara. Did you see her right eye?'

Kudou-kun...

(Soon to be updated episodes 909-910. Still planning to watch them)

'Have you met him? The kid from the house, Shinichi-kun?'

Masaka! She can't be!? I thought, realizing the truth.

(Manga File 1006)

"Ah, Sherry no, Haibara Ai, was it? How nice of you to drop by," the Boss greeted, making me turn to him in fear.

"What do you want from me, Ano Kata!?" I asked, hissing at him then their guns pointed at me.

"What do I want from you, say? How about we lure your detective friend to us?" He asked, smirking dangerously at me.

"I'll do anything for you, onegai! Don't hurt Kudou-kun! Ah!" I cried, pleading him to change his mind when a bullet shot me in the left arm.