Chapter 11: Suspicious

Kaitou's POV (Last Night)
I was at a casino playing billiards and explaining to Jii-chan about Tantei-kun being the security system after eating dinner with Aoko and Nakamori-keibu.

"Soka. Tantei-kun is the toughest opponent to trick," Jii-chan said, wondering what trick I should use against him.

"If you were to go back in time and did something you regretted not doing before, what would it be, Jii-chan?" I asked, out of nowhere. Where did that come from?

"I would have rescued the hime's (princess) aijin (lover). What brought that up?" He asked, turning to me.

"It's about Tantei-kun, Jii-chan," I replied, nonchalantly. I wanted to apologize to Meitantei-kun and Ran-san.

"Is it when you found it difficult to say goodbye to Kudou Shinichi-san and Mouri Ran-san after your father's death whilst having a feeling he's still alive?" He asked, straightforwardly.

"I'm impressed, Jii-chan. How did you know?" I asked, turning to him.

"Bocchama (Young Master) is easy to read when he's not wearing his poker face. Remember the time you had your first battle with Shinichi-san when he was about your age of 17 at the clock tower heist, he directed the police to capture you and uncovered your sheet trick using a gun and almost saw you under it after carving a code for them to solve, and your second encounter with him as Edogawa Conan when he realised that you could manipulate the police and cornered you with his soccerball in the floating prison prepared by the Suzuki family to return the Black Star," he mentioned, recalling those good times I had with Meitantei-kun.
(See episode 219 and Magic Kaitou 1412 episode 6)

How did he become Edogawa Conan? He told me to follow the instructions of Sherry to distract the people who were after her. I thought.
(See episodes 701-704)

"Why did ask about Ran's BWH when you disguised as her after being Mayor Suzuki?" He asked, making me blush madly.
(See movie 8: Private Eye's Requium)

"Don't say things that make people misunderstand, Jii!" I snapped but immediately regretted it. "You know very well that I like Aoko and gomene for shouting at you like that."

"It's okey, Bocchama. Are you worried that Shinichi-san will get angry if he knew that Kid's real identity is you?" Jii-chan asked, concerned.

"Hai," I replied, softly.

"I don't think Shinichi-san would. You helped him overthrow the Akai (Red) Siamese Cats in the airship incident, and he helped you clear your name of murder behind the Sunflowers painting," he added, encouraging me.

"But that was Kid, and not me, Jii-chan," I protested, having second thoughts.

"How many times did you disguise as Shinichi-san and acted almost out of character?" He asked, racking my brain.

I almost kissed Ran-san on the lips into making her believe I was Shinichi, made up a lame quiz he had never done in his entire life, and that a good detective never steals. I'm not even sure he's afraid of fish. I thought of the times Meitantei-kun could've figured it was me.