Chapter 20: Rescue Aoko Mission

Aoko's POV (Earlier)
At the time of the heist, the lights went out and people were pushing me.

What's with these people that they have to cheer for a petty thief?! I thought, irritably.

"It's Kid! Protect Conan-kun and the jewel!" Oto-san hollered over the screams, loudly.

Suddenly, a cloth covered my mouth and I tried to break free out of it.

Am I being kidnapped?! I thought, struggling for my life.

"Hai, Nakamori-keibu!" His men responded, faintly.

I felt a hand was pressing against my nose to smell which caused me to feel sleepy but the voices of everyone grew distant from me.

Oto-san... Kaitou... Help me! I thought, darkness closing around me.

Heiji's POV
After Kudou left for Hakase's house, Ran grabbed my arm and jerked her head to Kazuha.

"I'll borrow Hattori-kun for a second, Kazuha! Watch over Oto-san for me!" Nee-chan said, opening the door to Kudou and Occhan's room.

"Ah, chotto!" I yelped, surprised by her strong grip on me.

After Nee-chan closed the door, she turned to me. Is this about Kudou?

"Ne, Hattori-kun. Is Shinichi still keeping something from me?" Nee-chan asked me, sadly.

"Kudou will tell ya at the right moment, Nee-chan. Believe in him," I replied, trying to cheer her up. He didn't tell Nee-chan about his first nightmare to protect her, huh?

"Soka. Is there anyone else who knows Shinichi's identity?" She asked, understanding what I meant.

"Yer former classmate who trained as a CIA officer Hondou Eisuke in America, neighbor Okiya Subaru-san who's staying at Kudou's mansion, and your friend Sera Masumi. Those three, Nee-chan," I replied, honestly.

"Arigato, Hattori-kun," she thanked me, looking down on the floor.

"Suman Nee-chan. I didn't help much,"  I apologized, sadly.

"Ir's fine. I could only hope that Shinichi would tell me what's troubling him," she said, turning the knob and leaving the room.

Once she left, I went out to the guest room for the Earring Speaker for returning to Hakase. That reminds me... Did Hakuba return his?

"Soka. If you don't go alone, Aoko-san would be endangered and we won't be able to contact Shiho. We'll have to tell the Japanese police in case you don't make it back, Shinichi-san. I'll contact the FBI and inform them about it."

"The earrings that you, Saguru-san, and Heiji-kun were wearing have trackers along with the gloves Ran-san, Kazuha-san, and Sonoko-san were wearing. It can give a signal to the earrings and the pursuit glasses, Shinichi-kun."

Those voices sounds like Akai-san and Hakase. I thought, listening carefully.