Chapter 1

A/N
Hey guys thank you for reading the first chapter of my first book! I always wanted to write a fan fic and I think now I finally have the time. I hope you guys enjoy it and I know the chapter is a little boring but I wanted to get you guys to know the character a little bit. It will get better if you keep reading I promise! (Also I do not know who the girl in the picture is, but this is to help imagine what Alia would look like :))

——————

One moment I'm walking down the hallway, lugging heavy books against my chest, rushing to get to my Psychology class. Next thing I know my books are lying all over the floor.

"Can you watch where you're going?" A tall boy yells walking past me. I make a loud sigh and pick up my books. It takes me a few minutes which doesn't help my situation since I'm already late for class. As I'm picking up my books I see a figure standing above me and soon bends down and starts picking up my books as well.

"You looked like you needed some help?" A girl with a lovely Australian accent and waist length dark brown hair bends down to help me.

"That would be great, thank you. I guess some people in this school are assholes." I smile picking up the last few things.

"You're not wrong there." She chuckles as she hands me the last few papers. "So what's your name? I haven't seen you around, new are you?"

"Actually yeah I came from America a few weeks before school started. I'm Alia by the way." I say smiling.

"It's nice to meet you Alia! I'm Olivia, and welcome to Sydney, Australia. Definitely different than America, and hey I'm digging the T-shirt by the way!" She points to my T-shirt which has All Time Low written across it.

"Thanks it's one of my favorite bands!"

"Hey would you wanna hang out after school, I can show you around Sydney a little. Get you acquainted with the place."

"Yeah that sounds great thanks so much! I should probably get to class. I'm a lot later than I should be on the first day." I chuckle nervously.

"Don't worry I'm always late, and it looks like you have psychology first? The teacher in there is super nice, so you should be good." She walks me to my class and we then part ways.

Going to a new school was always super hard. I had done it before, and never enjoyed it. I was a senior senior in high school and my dad had just transferred to Sydney, Australia for his job. He works for a really big law firm and was offered a job here. I don't know why he took it but he thought it would be good for us. It was just my dad, me, and my younger sister Ella. My sister was basically my only best friend. She was in tenth grade, she always had lots of friends but she was always like a best friend with me mostly. As pathetic as that sounds, I just couldn't for some reason make many friends. The only friends I did have was my best friend Jess back home in San Francisco, where we used to live.

Even though I was really sad to leave home, I was hoping that I could have a fresh start here. As much as I loved my sister I wanted more than just her as a friend. So I was glad when Olivia helped me.