Chapter 12

I open the door to see Luke standing there with a few small sunflowers in his hands. I am immediately overwhelmed with happiness.

"I got these for you. We have these growing in our backyard and there my moms favorite, I thought you might like them." He holds out the sunflowers with a warm smile across his lips.

My heart was fluttering and I heard Liv squealing from behind. "Oh my gosh! That is adorable!" She exclaims. I turn around to see her winking at Luke and holding a thumbs up. I roll my eyes with a smile.

"Luke these are my favorite flowers! I love them, thank you." I smile and lean in to give him a small kiss.

"Okay love birds this is cute but get a room." She replies in a sarcastic tone.

We all laugh and make our way to Luke's car. On the way to the movies we listen to a variety of different music. We dance and sing along to Asking Alexandria, which was another one of our favorites.

Luke's POV

All day I tried to avoid Alia at school. It wasn't my intention to avoid her but I was kinda upset and I didn't know how to handle it. I wasn't one to share my feelings with the world, so sharing my feelings for Alia and even having feelings for her, scared the hell out of me. I guess I just don't know how to handle it. I didn't know what she felt for Ashton, she told me she didn't like him in the way that he obviously liked her but I didn't know if I fully believed it. Everytime I try to get close to her it feels like she's worried about Ashton. I couldn't help but wonder if it really came down to it, would she choose Ashton over me?

Occasionally at lunch I would try to catch glimpses of Alia sitting at the other end of the table. It was so hard not to talk to her or be able to kiss her. I didn't want to ignore her, but I physically couldn't stop myself. I guess when you constantly hide your feelings for your whole life it becomes a habit with anyone.

Later that night everyone decided to go to the movies. Ash and I decided not to go. I don't know why Ash didn't feel like going but  to be honest I didn't know if Alia was mad at me, and if she was I didn't want to bother her. I felt really bad about ignoring her all day and I didn't know how to prove myself to her that I would be better to her. She didn't deserve to be treated the way I was treating her. Why couldn't I get myself together? What is wrong with me?

Because my big ego self was too stubborn to call her that night, she luckily called me. I was going to go over there and apologize to her but I knew she was with Liv and I didn't know if she would want that.

We talked on the phone for what felt like hours but was probably only fifteen minutes. During the phone call I came up with the idea that I was going to ask her out. Hearing her voice on the verge of crying made my heart drop. I hated seeing or hearing her like that. I texted Calum and told him of my big plan, he was always my go to. I later got a text from Liv freaking out.

You're going to ask Al out? I love that! Finally!

A small smile spread across my lips looking at the text. She and Al were best friends so I was glad she was on board with this.

******
Alia's POV

When we got to the movies we met Michael and Calum in the lobby. I was about to offer to go pay for our tickets when Luke interrupted. "Um actually can you guys excuse us for a second?" He asks pulling me away from the group.

I laugh and try to swat his arm away. "Luke what are you doing?"

Luke drags me to the arcade and takes me to one of the claw machines that was filled with stuffed animals. He handed me a quarter and gestured towards the machine.

"Go for the penguin!" He exclaims pointing his finger at the cute penguin on the top.

"Why?" I asked with a giggle.

"Just do it!" His face lit up when he saw me try to grab the penguin. It was the cutest thing I'd ever seen. I had the penguin in the grasp of the claw when I suddenly dropped it. His face fell from it's happiness.

"Here's another quarter." He handed me another quarter with a sweet smile. I tried to grab the penguin again and luckily I succeeded.

He grabbed the penguin from the little box and I noticed there was a piece of paper with it.

"What's this?" I asked.

I opened the piece of paper to see that it was a backstage pass to their concert this weekend. I turned the paper and on the back it said "Will you be my girlfriend?" My face lit up with a huge smile. I jumped into Luke's arms with a huge embrace.

I pressed my lips against him and it felt like we were the only two people in the world. After I looked into his sparkling eyes and held his smiling face in my hands. "I would love to be your girlfriend Luke Hemmings."

A/N
Yessss!!! It finally happened! Now that there finally together I'm so excited to move forward with this, hope you guys are still enjoying!! :) (btw I did not proof read this so sorry for any mistakes)