Chapter 17

We spent a few extra hours all hanging out in Luke's backyard that night. Eventually everyone had to go home and I stayed at Luke's. I couldn't get over how perfect the night was, not only did I make up with Ashton, but Luke and I didn't have to try and be cautious about our relationship. For once I felt like my life was perfect and I completely forgot about everything else. I don't even know how I got so lucky to have some amazing best friends and a wonderful boyfriend.

*****

The next morning Luke had to get up pretty earlier for his big gig today. "Come back here and lay with me!" I yell as I pull him back onto the fold out couch.

"Baby, you know I'd love nothing more but I have to go." He says giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Fine." I say with a long sigh. "But wait!" I pulled him back onto the couch and kissed him as passionately as I could. "I love you." I say through a smile.

He kissed me one more time. "I love you."

After he kissed me one more time he left to go meet up with the boys. I had plenty of time to get ready considering the concert didn't start until 4:00 and it was 7:30. I decided I'd watch a little tv when I saw someone coming down the stairs. I was in nothing but a tank top and booty shorts because from my understanding was Luke and I were the only ones home.

I see a man that looks a little older than Luke walk down the stairs. "Oh hey! You must be Alia." He says awkwardly.

"Um, hi... You are?" I also reply awkwardly.

He chuckles and reaches to shake my hand. "I'm Jack."

I reached out to shake his hand while trying to keep myself covered. "I don't mean to be rude, but I thought you guys weren't supposed to be home?"

"Oh yeah don't worry, I had a little bit of... trouble, last night so I came home. My mom and Ben are still gone. They should be back like next Tuesday I think."

I sat there awkwardly not knowing what to say. He was almost as pretty as Luke. Apparently good genes run in the family. We both stand there awkward for a moment before I finally find something to say. "I'm actually going to my friends soon so I'll probably see you later."

"Well you're welcome here whenever, I'm sure I'll see more of you." He gives me a wink and heads back up the stairs. I quickly grab some sweatpants and throw them on. I also give Liv a quick text asking her to come pick me up since I didn't have my car.

Within not even ten minutes Liv was parked in the long wooded driveway. Once she got here I called her to tell her not to come inside. I felt like it would be pretty awkward if we ran into Jack again, even though Liv is a great conversationalist, I didn't feel like it was my place to be inviting people inside someone else's house.

I walked out to Liv's car to see her all dressed up. "You're already dressed up?" I ask with a chuckle.

"Yes! I have everything done but my makeup, I want to know exactly what to wear for the concert!"

"Liv it's like 7:45 in the morning, the concert doesn't start until 4:00."

"Shut up, just let me live." She says punching my shoulder.

When we get to Liv's house Crystal's car is parked in the driveway. The three of us head upstairs to Liv's room and get ready. Even though it was really early to get ready, we decided to have a girls day before the show. For once Liv actually let me pick out my own outfit and I let Crystal take control of doing my makeup. For my clothes I picked out a dark red cropped tank top, black high waisted shorts, white converse, and a black and white flannel to tie around my waist.