Chapter 13

The rest of the night was so amazing. Even if it seemed like a casual movie date, I was so happy. I didn't even have to tell Calum, Michael, and Liv because of course they were watching the whole time and probably already knew about Luke's plan. Liv talked my ear off about how we could go on double dates and do couple things together all the time now. Which made me even more happy than I already was.

Luke told me he picked the penguin stuffed animal because penguins were his favorite animal, and this way I could always have it to remember him when he wasn't around. It was the cutest thing ever. We ended up seeing 'The Scorch Trials,' which Luke and I whispered through the whole time.

After the movie was over we all said our goodbyes and Luke was going to drop me off at my house. We spent the whole ride home laughing about things that probably weren't even funny to most people. He even played me one of their songs that they were going to be performing at the pier. The song was called 'End Up Here,' and it was so good. The boys really did have a talent, and Luke had a beautiful voice.

On our way home Luke took a different turn and I was confused. "Where are we going? This isn't the way to my house. At all." I say with a laugh.

He looked at me with his beautiful eyes and smiled. "It's a surprise." Is all he said. I leaned up to the passenger seat and gave him a light kiss. I just let him drive. Going home was the last thing I wanted. We drove along the coast and the sunset was so beautiful. It was a mix of purples and pinks hovering over the beautiful blue ocean. It always amazed me how blue the water was here in Australia. I felt like I could stay in this car with Luke forever. We had the window down and the warm breeze blew through my hair. Luke was singing loudly in his worst and most sarcastic singing voice to 'First Date' by Blink 182. I couldn't help but laugh the whole time, so much I snorted a couple times and it was beyond embarrassing. But this just made Luke laugh so hard he started snorting as well. 

After a few more minutes of driving Luke pulled into a dirt road in the woods. I gave him a confused look. He turned down the music and smiled. "Look." Luke said pointing to a field filled with sunflowers. I looked ahead and my jaw dropped. I was taken aback by how beautiful it was.

"Luke, oh my god this is... I don't even know how to describe how amazing this is!" I put my head out the window like a dog enjoying the cool breeze of a car ride. Luke stopped the car on the side of the dirt path and got out. I followed along and went to run up and kiss him. I kissed him with all the passion I had. Every time I even looked in his direction it gave me butterflies. The electricity I got from kissing him always felt so right.

After a few seconds he steps back and holds his pointer finger to my mouth. "Ahh but wait, there's more!" He says running to the trunk of his car. He pulls out an acoustic guitar. "I wrote a song about you and I wanted to play it for you. Liv told me your favorite flowers were Sunflowers so I thought this would be a perfect place to bring you." His smile lights up the biggest I've ever seen it. It was like looking at the most beautiful art.

Tears formed in my eyes, I was so happy I couldn't help it. "Luke oh my god! This is amazing, this is the best first date ever." I leaned my forehead against his and wrapped my arms arond him and just stayed like that for a few seconds. I never wanted to let him go.

Eventually Luke pulls away and jumps to the roof of the car and reaches a hand out to help me up. I sit next to him with my arms wrapped around my legs.

"So let's hear this masterpiece." I say with a huge grin.

"I wrote this song about you, I call it Disconnected."

He begins to play the song and his voice takes my breath away. I listen to the sound of his voice and sway back and forth while he plays.

I like the summer rain, I like the sounds you make, we put the world away, we get so Disconnected
You are my getaway, you are my favorite place, we put the world away we get so Disconnected

My heart was fluttering so much as if it were trying to escape. I was overwhelmed with joy. While he was singing he would look in my eyes and do a little wink, it made me melt. He ends the song and puts his guitar resting on the side of the car.

"What did you think?" He asks.

I jumped on him and kissed him all over his face, making him fall on his back on the hood of the car with my body weight resting on top of him. I stop kissing him and look into his beautiful blue eyes. "That was beautiful." I say softly.

We sit up and he moves me into his lap. "You are so beautiful." He says holding my face in his hands and looking into my eyes.

I rested my head against his chest and we just stayed like that for a little bit. We spent the rest of the time talking and laughing. It was so perfect, it had been so long since I had truly been this happy. I don't think anything could ever compete with this night.

A/N
Omg this was my favorite chapter writing so far! I had so many feelings writing this. I wish this would actually happen!