Chapter 6

When I went back to class I couldn't even think straight from what just happened. Why did Luke kiss me? Didn't he already prove to me he hated me? Now I'm even more confused.

When I get back I tell Calum everything that happened. He and Michael were the only ones I knew in my study block.

"Could you please not tell Ashton?" I ask begging.

"Yeah don't worry I won't. But that's crazy! He kissed you? What the hell is going on with him?" Calum was just as astonished as I was.

"Yeah thats weird. I mean he has a lot of girls he messed around with but he's not mean to them at first. I'd be careful Al, all he does usually is fools around with girls." Michael says.

The words Michael says sting me a bit. I don't know why, but they do. Was I just supposed to be another one of Luke's play toys? And if that was his goal why was he being so rude?

"I don't know I'm just confused. I thought he didn't like me, why is he kissing me now?" I say sinking into my chair with my hands covering my face.

"Ashton really likes you. I don't know how he'll take it when he finds out.." Calum trails off. "And he knows Ashton likes you, why can't he back off this time?"

"Guys promise me you won't tell him. I don't want him to know. I want to talk to a Luke more to see what is going on before I tell Ashton anything." I couldn't bare the thought of hurting Ashton. He had been so sweet to me since I got here.

Michael reassures me with his hand on my shoulder. "We promise don't worry, Al."

For the rest of the period I couldn't stop thinking about everything. Luke's lips on mine, the butterflies I felt, and the nervousness I felt as well.

When we get out of study hall I immediately go to find Olivia at her locker.

"Liv we need to talk. Like right now." I say sternly.

"Yeah, whats up? What's going on?" She says putting books into her locker.

I whisper quietly while looking around so no one can hear us in the big open hallway. "I went to talk to Luke and he kissed me."

"WHAT!?" She screams slamming her locker shut. People are now staring at us.

"Liv! Shhhh!"

"Sorry, sorry! Tell me what the hell happened? Did you stop it?"

"That's the thing..." I trail off. "I didn't. One moment I was yelling at him for being a jerk and the next second he kissed me. And then he just ran off!"

"Have you seen him since?"

"No he just ran off. I haven't seen him. I told Calum and Michael as soon as I got back to study hall. I can't tell Ashton Liv, promise me you won't tell him. I need to figure all of this out before I do anything." I was speaking a mile a minute, not sure if Liv even understood my words.

"Okay calm down, I won't tell Ashton. But what does this even mean? Do you like him? He obviously likes you."

I stopped talking for a moment. No one had asked me if I liked Luke. And that was a question I didn't even know how to answer.

Olivia breaks me from my thoughts. "Alia? Oh my gosh you do, don't you!" She says excitedly.

"I don't know, why should I like him? He's been a jerk."

"People change! Obviously, since he's kissed you he's changed." She nudges my arm with a mischievous smile.

"I don't know. I need to talk to him again. And actually talk this time."

————-

When I get home from school I run up to my room, shut the door, and put on some music. I throw my phone on my bed, put my long hair into a bun and hope in the shower. A shower was always the best place for me to think.

Turns out a shower didn't help as much as I thought it would. I still didn't know what to do. When I get out of the shower I check my phone to see a weird message from Michael.

Luke just texted me. He needs to talk to you.

My stomach felt as if it did a giant flip. I wanted to talk to Luke about the situation. But I thought he would have just ignored me.

I text Michael back and tell him he can give him my number.

A minute later I get a text from an unfamiliar number who I'm assuming is Luke.

Can you meet me at Fiona's..?