5

-Min's POV- 

Byung Jae thought that it would be okay to come right after his show to record. "I'm tired." He whines and I smile. 

"You only have to record one small part and you're done!" I say and he nods.

"You got anything to drink with lots of sugar?" He asks and I nod.

"Check the fridge. There might be some energy drinks in it." I say and he makes his way to the fridge.

"Do you want one too?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Do you even have to ask?" He shakes his head with a tired smile as he hands me the can.

He goes back to the record room and takes a sip of his drink. "Let's get it." He says and I turn the beat on so that he can start on his final part. 

"Fuck." He whispers, almost inaudible after he makes a mistake for the second time. He runs a hand through his hair with a frustrated look. "Again, please." I turn the beat again and after many tries, he gets it right. 

He quickly leaves the record room and sits on the couch. "Are you sure that you're just tired?" I ask. He looks up shocked while trying to get words out if his mouth. "So there is another reason," I mumble and he nods.

I wait until he says anything about it, but he keeps his mouth shut. I slowly nod and continue to edit the parts we just recorded. 

"Min?" He calls for me and I hum. "Can you pay attention to me for a short moment?"

"Yeah, sure." I take the headphones off and sit next to him on the couch. "So, what's wrong?"

"I- I am learning how to skate." He says and I chuckle.

"Is that it?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I heard somewhere that you skate a lot and I wanted to ask you if we could skate together." He says and I nod. "As a date."

I look at him and he adverts my gaze. I bite my lip and he lets out a sigh. "I'm sorry." He whispers and he stands up. Before I'm able to say anything he makes his way outside. 

Still bewildered by what just happened I follow him outside. I make sure to close the door behind me. "Byung Jae!" I put my hand on his shoulder and he turns around. I chuckle as I see his glassy eyes. 

"When are we going?" I ask and his eyes become big.

"You're not going with me out of pity, right?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I just couldn't come out of my words just now," I say and he smiles.

"I jumped into conclusions a little bit too fast, huh?" He chuckles as we keep walking. 

"A little bit, yes." I laugh. We keep walking without a certain goal.

"Are you sure, though?" He asks and I laugh.

"Yes, I am," I say and he smiles. "Oh? Ice cream!"

I grab his hand and we walk to the ice cream cart. "What can I get for you?" The old man asks.

"What do you like?" I ask him and he shyly looks down.

"Strawberry." He mumbles.

"Two strawberry ice creams please!" I say and the old man chuckles.

He gives us the ice cream and I pay for it. "So, you got a thing for strawberries?" I ask.

"I just like them." He says with a grin. This is the happiest I've seen him yet.

"You got your own skates right?" I ask and he nods.

"Do you know a place where we can go?" He asks and I nod.

"I always skate through a park behind my house. It's always quiet there and the ground is good to skate on." I say and he smiles.

His phone rings multiple times and he just keeps ignoring the calls he receives. "Aren't you supposed to pick up when you get called that much?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"They're wondering if I asked you out already." He says and I slowly smile. 

"Did you ask them for advice?" I ask and he nods. "Whose advise did you follow, I'm curious," I say with a smile.

"Well, the first one to give me advise was Yoonho." He smiles. "He told me to see if you got jealous if I told you that there was a girl that likes me."

I look at him and scoff playfully. "So there was no girl?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Did you get jealous though?" He asks and I bite my lip.

"A bit, yes," I say and he frowns.

"Really?" He asks and I nod.

"His next advice was to push and pull." He says and I chuckle.

"His past relationships must've not lasted long." 

"They actually did, thanks for wondering." We turn around and Yoonho and Haon greet us.

"Did you ask her out?" Haon whispers and Vinxen becomes red as he notices that I can hear them.

"We have a skate date soon," I say with a smile.

"You skate?" Yoonho asks.

"Yeah, I'm pretty good," I say.

"So is Byung Jae," Haon says.

"I wonder who's better," I say and Byung Jae smiles. 

"We'll see." He says and I smirk.

"You want to make this as a competition?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I never back out."