16

Byung Jae and I sit next to each other across my parents while we eat lunch. "So, she told me a lot about you." My mother smiles.

"I see." Byung Jae awkwardly mumbles.

"Your songs are also good." She compliments him. Byung Jae forces a smiles and nods. "Your feelings are well heard in the songs."

"Are you sure that you're not faking it?" My father asks on a joking tone, but no one was having it.

Byung Jae flinches slightly and scratches his neck. "Everything I wrote is what I feel. There's no fake things." He says and my father nods.

"But Min Hee, we're moving to another country and that's different than having you in a different city." My mother says and I look at Byung Jae who's trying to hold his laughter in.

I slightly kick his feet with a smile. "I'm going to be okay, I promise. And I have someone to take care of me." I say and they frown.

"Isn't he too young to handle responsibilities?" My father asks as he looks at Byung Jae.

"Well, he's actually pretty good at it, but I mean my manager." I say and they slowly nod.

"But he doesn't stay forever does he?" My father asks and I shake my head.

"He'll be there for me if I need him." I say and my mother sighs.

"Or you can still come with us?" My mother suggests and I shake my head.

"I'm not ready to go to a foreign country." I say and she nods.

We finish eating while they talk a bit more to Byung Jae. "It was nice meeting you!" My father says with a smile.

"When Min Hee will visits us you should go with her." My mother smiles.

"If." I mumble soft enough so they can't hear it. Byung Jae looks at me and flashes a smile.

"I certainly will." He tells my parents.

"We have to go now." My father says and we hug before they leave.

I close the door behind them and turn around to Byung Jae.

"So, Min Hee, huh?" Byung Jae smirks and I glare at him.

"What about it?" I ask and he smiles.

"It's cute, just like you." He quickly says and I turn red.

"Thanks." I mumble.

"Haon is passing by right?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, later today." I say and he nods.

"Do you want to do something before he comes?" He slowly asks and I nod.

"What exactly?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I was thinking about a walk in the park." He says and I smile.

"Sounds good, let's go!" I say and he chuckles.

We walk to the park and stay silent. "Min?" He asks and I look at him.

"What's up?"

"Why didn't you tell me your full name?" He asks and I shrug.

"I was called by the name Min since I was little so I wasn't used to Min Hee anymore." I say and he slowly nods.

It becomes silent between us again. I don't know what to talk about and he doesn't either. I decide to look at the leaves of the trees as I notice how sunny it is today. "About what you said earlier-"

"It's okay, it can wait." I quickly say and he slowly shakes his head.

"No, we've waited long enough already." We both look away and he scratches his neck. He looks down and fiddles with his fingers. He sighs and takes something out of his pocket. "So, will you finally be my girlfriend?"

I smile and nod. He hands me the ring. "How long do you have this?" I ask as I look at his name engraved in the inside.

"Since I knew I wanted to be yours." He says and I become red once again.

"We should go back now." I mumble and he quickly nods.

We walk to the studio instead of my house. I search for the right key as Byung Jae suddenly holds my hand.

I slowly look up at him and his eyes flicker to my lips before he stares into my eyes again. My heart pounds in my chest. Is he trying to kiss me?  He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear as he continues to stare into my eyes.

He smiles before he leans in, placing his lips on mine. His mouth was warm and soft. It felt good, even better than I ever imagined and I gradually kiss him back.

"Oh my god."