8

It is the second and last day that I'm staying over at my parents' place. "Hurry up!" My mother yells from the living room.

I fight to put my shoes on and rush to the living room. "Couldn't take any longer." She rolls her eyes.

"Let's go," I say and she smiles.

She wanted me to explore the city with me to recall old memories. She clings on my arm while we keep walking. "Don't you miss this?" She asks and I nod.

"I miss the place, not the people," I say and she sighs.

"So, how is it in Seoul?" She asks.

"It's good there," I say and she nods.

"You're living in a house which you paid for with your own money." She says and I nod.

"But?"

"But we think that if you finished school it would be even better." She says and I slowly nod.

"Maybe it would've been better. I don't know." I say and she nods.

"We're not mad at you for it. Just disappointed." She says and I chuckle.

"When are you not disappointed?" I mumble.

"Right now." She smiles. "You came outside with me."

"Because you wanted it, yeah." I nod and she chuckles.

"Normally you still would've said no. Even if I begged you." She says and I shrug.

"It's because it's my last day here. I'm going back tomorrow morning." I say and she shakes her head.

"I think it's because you're finally growing up."

"I guess, yeah," I mumble.

"You're leaving in a day." She says and I nod. "What are you going to do when you get back?"

"Continuing on making a song," I say.

"Are making another one with the boy of last night?" She asks confused and I shake my head.

"No, I'm talking about another song," I say and she nods.

"Do you think it'll be a hit?" She asks and I shrug.

"I hope so. That would be amazing." I smile.

We walk to the park and sit underneath a tree for shadow. "Tell me a bit about that boy." She says.

"Who? Byung Jae?" I ask and she nods.

"How did you two meet?" She asks.

"You remember that kid, Joon-ho? Son of the actor who used to live close?" I ask and she nods.

"Joon-ho was on the same show as Byung Jae," I say and she slowly nods.

"Ah, that rap show!" She says and I nod.

"Byung Jae told him that he was a big fan of me so Joon-ho asked me if it was okay to give him my number," I say and she nods. "I first said no-"

"Why would you do something like that?!" My mom slaps my arm and I look shocked.

"What was that for?!" I ask as I run my arm.

"If Joon-ho, out of all people, wants to give your number to another person with male body parts it must be because that boy is interested in you."

"Like I was saying, I said no, but he gave my number anyway so I just went along with it and met up with him."

"So you actually never wanted contact with him?" She asks and I shrug. "That Byung Jae kid really deserves someone better."

"Mom!" I can't help but laugh.

"But are you two a thing or are you two kids just business related?" She asks.

"It's safe to call us just friends," I say and she sighs.

"You should date him." She says and I raise my eyebrow.

"Why?" I ask.

"He looks like a good person." She says and I frown.

"How can you be so sure of that?" I ask.

"I tried to search people called Byung Jae last night on that site, SoundCloud, you use to upload songs on. I listened to his songs and binge-watched most of his performances." She says and my mouth drops.

"Mom, that's the scariest thing you can do." I groan.

"I also follow him on Instagram and Facebook." She says and I groan again.

"What's next? Searching his messenger ID?" I ask sarcastically.

"I tried to but no luck." She says and I can't help but laugh.

Byung Jae has the easiest name on that app, but yet again, she doesn't know his last name.

"But it will be a good thing if you'll date." She says and I slowly nod.

"And why is that?"

"Your song with him got released this morning." She says and I slowly nod. The company really couldn't wait for another day. "I'm assuming that you didn't write the lyrics that long ago." 

I shake my head. "About a month ago or so."

"Even my father hates me for how I turned out." She quotes a line of my part in the song. "You should know that he loves you. He's just not good at showing his love and affection for people."

"Frankly speaking, I watched a movie a few days ago where the main character was told exactly what you told me. Guess what? Her father put her out on the streets." I say and she sighs.

"Are you crying?" She asks after a few seconds of silence. 

I look at her and she sighs. "Why is it so hard to get a compliment from my own parents?" I ask her. "I try everything to make you happy, yet I'm always left with complaining. Remeber last month when I send you a bit of my money? That was all of my money. I wanted to hear that you are proud of me of finally earning much."

"Oh, honey, don't cry." 

I check the time on my phone. "We have to go back. I still have to pack my stuff."