7

-Min's POV-

I promised my parents that I would be coming to a family dinner on the weekend. I never regretted something so much in my life.

It's not like it was bad, it was just too social. "Min, come to sit with us."  My aunt says when she walks inside. I sigh and slowly nod. 

I get up from the couch that I was sitting on alone and walk to the yard. "There you are!" My mother laughs. She clearly had a few drinks since she actually laughed at me.

"Here I am," I mumble as I sit next to her.

"I found your SoundCloud!" My cousin says and I nod.

"Did you like my tracks? That would be nice actually," I say. "You can also follow me."

"You make songs?" My aunt asks and I nod. 

"Is that the reason why you quit school?" My uncle asks with a laugh.

"How about we play them?" My cousin says and I shake my head. 

"No, I'd rather not have them play here," I say and he chuckles. 

He connects his phone with the Bluetooth box and I groan as the song begins to play. It's my most recent one that I made. I wasn't serious about it when I made it and I used a lot of autotune.

They all look at me as the song ends. "Well, it's a shame that you quit school." My aunt says. Right at that moment, Byung Jae calls me. 

"I'm sorry. I really have to take this." I stand up and walk to the bathroom.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask.

"I still didn't apologize." He says and I chuckle.

"It's okay, I'm over it now," I say and he sighs.

"Can you meet me somewhere, I want to make it up to you." He says.

"That's really nice and all, but I'm not at home or at the studio this weekend," I say.

"Why? Where are you?"

"I'm in my hometown. My parents wanted a small family dinner because I haven't seen them for a while." I answer.

"Oh, okay. Have fun!" He says and I chuckle.

"I'll try." I say.

"Bye!" He hangs up and I walk back to the yard. 

"Hey, if you're going to play my songs, at least play good ones," I say and I grab his phone from him. 

I play the song that I recorded with Joon-ho a few weeks ago. "Who was that?" My father aks. "On the phone just now."

"Oh, it was a friend," I say and he sighs. 

"Couldn't the call wait?" He asks and I shrug.

"It was important, I'm sorry." I apologize. 

The song ends and they're finally satisfied. "But, you know, being an idol takes a lot of responsibility." My aunt says and I frown. 

"I'm not even close to being an idol," I say and she frowns.

"What is your profession then?" My uncle asks.

"Let's just say that I am a solo artist," I say and he slowly nods.

"When I was as old as that you were, I handled my own responsibilities. It's important for you to do that too." My aunt says.

"Wasn't that because you were pregnant?" I slowly ask and mother pinches me. 

"Guess, you can say that." She awkwardly chuckles.

They keep talking for a long time while my cousin asks me questions about the people I've featured with.

"I think it's time for us to go." My father says and they nod. 

"It was really fun, you should come by more." My aunt says and I nod.

"Yeah, of course," I say and we leave.

"Well, it wasn't that bad, right?" My mother asks me. 

"If you say so." I shrug with a smile. We go back home and I go to my room. 

I grab my phone and message Byung Jae.

MinMinii

What are you up to?

LeeByungJae

Nothing much, how was the family dinner?

MinMinii

It sucked 

LeeByungJae

Poor you >.<

MinMinii

What a cute emoticon. Can you video call so that we can edit the song? My company said that they finished the storyboard so we need to give them the finished song.

LeeByungJae

Okay!

I call him and he picks up. "I have to get my laptop, hang on." I reach for my bag and grab my laptop. I turn it on and open the files. 

"Play what we have now." Byung Jae says and I nod.

"Okay." I play the song and I focus the camera on the screen of my laptop.

"I think it's good like it is now, don't you think?" He asks and I shrug.

"It feels like it's missing something. I can't just grasp what." I say and he frowns. 

"Why don't we make the ending longer?" He suggests and I nod. 

"Let's see," I mumble and I play with the program. 

"You don't know how to do that?" He asks and I chuckle.

"Nope." 

He smiles cutely. "Show me the program. I'll help you." He says and I nod. 

I grab my phone and hold it close to the screen so that he can read everything.

After a while we get it. "It sounds better-"

My mother opens the door of my room and walks in. "Who are you calling with?" She asks as she sits next to me.

"A friend," I say and she looks at my laptop.

"Working on a song together?" She asks and I nod.

"Hello, Ma'am!" My mother looks at my phone. 

"Oh, you're video calling." She says. She grabs the phone out of my hand.

"Hi! Who are you?" She asks.

"I am a good friend of your daughter." He says and I roll my eyes.

"It's nice to meet you." She smiles. 

"Byung Jae, I'll see you on Monday, yeah?" I ask and he nods. "Good night!" I quickly hang up and grab my phone from my mother.

"Can I hear the song?" She asks and I shake my head.  quickly send it to my company through email and close my laptop. 

"You can when it's released on Youtube," I say and she sighs.

"Okay then. Have a good night, my love." She says.

"Yeah, you too," I say and she leaves my room. 

I grab my phone to check my messages. 

LeeByungJae

Goodnight  ♥