four

A/N: Hello! Thanks for reading! Please leave a comment or vote. I love reading what you guys think! Also if you have a tumblr, please follow me/reblog Timeless on there. It would mean the absolute world to me! 

Harry's got two cups in his hands, one being a London fog (with a dash of cinnamon) that he'd gotten for Rhea from the coffee bar in their terminal

Harry's got two cups in his hands, one being a London fog (with a dash of cinnamon) that he'd gotten for Rhea from the coffee bar in their terminal. His sunglasses are still on, acting as a barrier to the outside world and prying eyes in case he is recognized at the gate. The rest of the band, Jeff, and Aaliyah are spread out throughout the letter seats of the gate, but Rhea is sitting alone in front of the large windows of A12. She's no doubt staring at the planes taking off in the nearby jetways. The cascading fabric of her saffron colored trench coat is resting in a sort of neatly folded pattern against the floor under her seat. Harry walks closer and realizes she's still on the phone from when he'd left.

"Yes, mum, I'm sleeping well," Rhea confirms, her voice sounding a bit exasperated. She's looking at the floor, her free hand resting against her the top of hairline. She looks up when Harry's boots come into her view, shooting him a smile as he sinks down in the seat next to her. He hands her the coffee mug and she mouths a silent thank you to him, balancing it on the knee of her blue jeans. Her nails, painted gray, drum against the plastic lid absentmindedly as she continues to talk to her mum.. She lifts the coffee cup to her lips and takes a sip, her eyes closing at the heavenly taste. When she pulls the cup away, Harry notes the imprint of her dark purple lipstick decorating the rim of the lid.

"I've already talked to dad, yes," Rhea continues, causing Harry to stop mid sip. He shifts a little in his chair to get a better look at her face, hoping to catch a glimpse of her expression through the soft curtain of her brown hair. He doesn't need to get a look at her, in reality, he can sense her tone and figure her mood out from there- but her eyes are her tell all.

It's a while before she replies to her mum, the sounds of the surrounding flights being called. Harry watches people queue up, wondering when the last time he actually had to wait for a flight was. He usually went straight through security and was on the next plane, but today they had a bit of a layover in the midwest before the their final destination in the east coast.

"Mum, please, I know. I've heard it all before..." Rhea snaps suddenly, her voice hard. Harry stiffens and fights the urge to lift his hand to the small of her back and rub it soothingly. The way she sounds, the way her fingers have tightened around her cup, they're all begging for every nerve in him to comfort her as quickly as possible.

Rhea's voice is softer this time. "Okay. Look they're calling our flight soon. I love you too," she pauses. "Yes mum, I'll tell him. Okay, take care, yeah?" She disconnects the phone with a sigh before setting it aside and leaning back into the worn seat with a huff, the coffee cup instantly lifted to her lips.

When she's done taking a sip she turns to look at Harry, her eyes tired- the kind of tired that alludes to a battle that's been fought time and time again. But her smile is as gentle as it always is, "Mum says hi. Says she loved the blue suit, too."