fifteen

a/n: pls comment and vote! thank you for reading :) also I don't usually add media within the text but the gif I added was perfect so I had to. x

When Rhea gets off the plane, she's hopes that walking through the terminal door and the airport will get her to stop trembling

When Rhea gets off the plane, she's hopes that walking through the terminal door and the airport will get her to stop trembling. It's calmed down significantly from when she first boarded, but she was hoping finally getting off the aircraft would help her calm down and breathe. Her movements are robotic as she grabs her bag from the carousel and heads towards the sliding doors where passengers are picked up. Niall had texted her when she'd gotten on board but her phone is somewhere at the bottom of her purse and she's not too sure if he's planning on picking her up or meeting her at the venue.

Ever since she left Harry's dressing room, her mind has been spinning. Contrary to most people's inclination that over the years, her job hadn't made her immune to confrontation and yelling in general, Rhea still very much got rattled up by it. It wasn't often that voices were raised when she was working and even rarer that Harry is the one that's yelling at her — but she can still hear the thunderous crack of his voice echoing off the walls of the dressing room and it's left her in an anxious state ever since. She'd had to walk around the corner and will herself not to burst into angry tears before taking her spot backstage. He'd never ever raised his voice at her like that because he knew better. Until now, it seems.

She shields her eyes from the sunny Californian sky as she walks out of the doors, squinting as she peers around the group of waiting people with wide expectant eyes and joyful smiles at the prospect of their loved ones arriving. Rhea spots Basil towards the back of the group, smiling at her as he lifts a hand and waves it. She shuffles her way through the crowd and lets him pull her into a strong hug, vaguely answering his question about how her flight was. He takes her bag from her and they cross the street towards the parking garage.

"Is Niall at the venue, Basil?"

The man lets out a barking laugh that makes the corners of Rhea's lip twitch, itching to break into a smile but not enough to go through with it. "He'd probably fire me for telling you this but, the lad's been bouncing off the walls all week, telling everyone who's got a ear that you're coming. I convinced him to wait in the car... but you'll have to act surprised, alright?"

Rhea purses her lips, chuckling softly to herself, "Okay, will do."

They walk towards the blacked out Escalade that's parked in the far corner of the lot, all alone. Niall's leaning against the back of it, clad in shorts and a baseball hat while he scrolls through his phone.

"Maybe I didn't convince him," Basil says as they get closer.

Rhea barely hears him though. Niall looks up and slips his phone into his pocket when he hears them and his entire face lights up. He leans off the car and lifts his arms up, "Sorry Basil, at least I put the hat on." He turns his bright blue eyes towards Rhea, "There ya are. Get over here."