timeless: nineteen

a/n: ok, several things!! first thank you for getting this story to 19k reads, holy cow!! second this is the third to last chapter of the story. we will have chp 20 and then the epilogue! please comment and vote, I especially love love love reading your comments :D 

ALSO Timeless is nominated for a 1dff award on Tumblr! If you've enjoyed the story and want to vote for it, I've posted a link to the form on my profile. :D

and finally, I'd adore if you check out my upcoming niall story and voted on it. even if niall fic isn't your go to... I am very excited to share this next story and I'm hoping all of you enjoy it and give it a chance! x

 I am very excited to share this next story and I'm hoping all of you enjoy it and give it a chance! x

"Oh you're a lifesaver," Rhea exclaims, following her words with a dreamy sigh. Aaliyah's just walked back into the conference room with an armful of Chinese take out that the Grubhub delivery guy had dropped off.

"I think you mean the delivery guy is," Aaliyah corrects with a laugh, setting the containers down and carefully handing the one labeled chicken fried rice on top to Rhea. She hands her utensils and grabs her own container before sinking down into the plush leather chair next to her.

Rhea lets out a moan after she swallows her first spoonful of rice. She closes her eyes and tips her head back against the chair in pure bliss. "God, I love Chinese food."

"Yeah, I can tell," Aaliyah says with a laugh, watching her boss devour her dinner. She eyes her curiously, watching as she scoops in the red pepper chili sauce into her rice and mixes it in. Rhea's got her hair thrown into a messy ponytail, her shorter layers escaping the loose hold and framing her face. She'd thrown her shoes off long ago and her legs are resting on another one of the leather chairs.

She sighs and sets down her container after fulfilling her appetite, swiveling her chair to look out the windows. The sun has long set in the Manhattan sky, the lights of all the buildings take the place of the golden glow of the sun. The sky is tinted in hues of indigo and black, setting the stage for the moon to take over. Rhea raises her arms up above her head, whining as she stretches her sore muscles. She closes her eyes for a moment before turning her chair back towards the table, pressing her hands to the wood that isn't covered in calligraphy tools and invitation paper.

"Alright, how many more do we have?"

Aaliyah scoots closer to the table and picks up the piece of paper with all the guests names, quickly scanning through the ones that aren't crossed out. "25," she says, turning towards Rhea with a raise of her eyebrow. "Remind me why we're handwriting all 200 of these," Aaliyah says, grabbing a new invitation for herself.

Rhea cracks her knuckles and gives her right hand a squeeze before grabbing her calligraphy pen and picking up a new invitation. It's empty aside from the gala date and time info on the bottom. "Because it's fun," Rhea points out. She glances at the list and picks the name on the top, writing it in elegant script before continuing on to the general message they'd come up with in the strategizing meeting to request the client's presence at the gala. Each envelope was embossed with the RTW logo and a separate card explaining how the charity baskets and silent auction would work..