epilogue

a/n: i'm honestly speechless. i say this a lot, but i cannot even begin to thank you all for your continuous support. this story is my heart. i'll be posting an official thank you post tomorrow, but without further adieu, here is the conclusion of timeless. i hope you all love it as much as i loved writing it. 6.4k words for my babies. x

This chapter contains MATURE content (I feel like this is most graphic smut I have ever written? I'm going to hell but it's fine) Read with discretion, please!

When it rains in New York City, it rains hard. It's the type of rainstorm that people either cower from or look forward to; it's not the type of rain that drizzles or is light enough for you to walk to wherever you need to go without worry of being soaked. No, it's loud, and obnoxiously so at that. It demands attention and makes itself apparent to the city and all who live in it.

But for Rhea and Harry, it's not a bother.

Mostly because Rhea is currently fast asleep on top of Harry and Harry's more focused on not waking his very sleepy, very cute girlfriend. His green eyes glance towards the vast windows of Rhea's apartment where the curtains remain open and grant him a free show to the rainfall. They chase each other so quickly that they're melting into one another and becoming big fat ones as they drip down the glass. There's the occasional flash of lightning, painting the sky in violent bursts of light. The city is a buzz, lights on in almost every window of the buildings that are visible. It's Friday night, after all, and a little rain isn't going to stop the city that never sleeps.

Rhea shifts a little on Harry's chest in her slumber, burying her nose into his side as she rubs her cheek against his sweater. Harry smiles, a tender smile that one only reserves for the most special of people. She's such a soft, cozy little thing when she sleeps. He tightens his arms around her just a little, pressing his lips into her hair. He closes his eyes, inhaling the familiar smell of her coconut shampoo that he tends to steal in the shower every now and then. She pushes her toes against his, both sets of their feet sticking out of the blanket that's draped mostly over Rhea. They're freezing cold and Harry lets out a breathy laugh into her hair, kissing her head a few times before he turns back towards the tv.

Harry had arrived at Rhea's a little over an hour ago, turning on the fireplace and pouring them some wine as he waited for her to get home from work. Friday was their official date night and usually by now they would be finishing dinner and on their way to a play or a movie or a show. But Rhea had to stay at work a little longer than usual and when she had trudged through the door half an hour ago, Harry took one look at her and knew she was utterly exhausted.

He had just finished rifling around in her fridge for a snack when she entered the hall. Harry ducks his head past the door as it shuts. "Hi, my love," he greets, turning to reach for her wine glass. When he turns around and sees Rhea slumped against the leather seat she has by her door, he pauses.