nine

a/n: This chapter contains smut! Please read with discretion.

Most of this chapter is flashback material, there's three flashback scenes but they are connected in the same way. You'll understand when you read!

As always I love to hear from you! 

After Rhea's sick spell and Harry taking care of her, the small remaining amount of awkward drift between the two had disappeared. In a sense it was like old times again, except Harry and Rhea weren't fooling around together. It was so natural for them to work together and everyone around them could tell that there was a whole different dynamic when it came to those two. After the Phoenix show, everyone had gone back home to their families for the 11 day gap before the European leg of the tour. Rhea had flown back to New York to handle some things she had to do in person for the firm and Harry had gone home to visit his mum and Gemma for a bit. But now, everyone was back for the new leg and ready to play some music.

Rhea's walking into the front of the venue when she overhears the two girls standing outside, with their necks craned upwards and staring at the illuminated marquee that has Harry's name on it. Harry and the band aren't with Rhea right now, she'd decided to drop by and make sure everything was okay before the show tomorrow. She reckons they're all still asleep at the hotel. She's not exactly sure what the two girls are talking about, but it's the way they're talking that makes Rhea stop in her tracks for a moment.

The banter between them can only be described as catty. Maybe it's their tone of voice that throws Rhea off and sends her skyrocketing back to hearing similar chatter about herself after one of the most intense nights of her life.

Rhea's reaching for the toilet paper in the loo when she hears the three voices, causing her hand to pause midair. She's sworn she's heard them speak her name but she didn't get much rest the night before and she has a feeling her ears are playing tricks on her. Or, rather, she's hoping they are.

"She's always with him," the first voice, belonging to the sound intern Diane speaks.

There's a snort from another voice who then adds, "She's with all of them. Got her bloody job because of Zayn too."

And now Rhea's sure. She leans back and frowns, frozen to the spot.

"You reckon she's shagging one of them?" The third voice pipes up. Rhea's heart sinks and she bites down on her lip, waiting for the water from the sink to stop running.

Diane speaks up again, "Oh of course she is. Like I said, my money's on Harry. They get along too well. Have you lot seen the way he's always watching her? Bet it started when she was at X factor with them."

Julie, the second voice, barks out a laugh, "Diane you're just mad because it's not you who is shagging him."

"Well if they were shagging why wouldn't they let everyone know?" The third voice belongs to an intern named Beth that Rhea recognizes. "Harry's a nice guy."