eight

a/n: hello, friends! thank you all for getting this to 2k reads. please comment and vote, it makes my day hearing from you all. anyway, here we go! x 

It's 3pm and Rhea's still not out of bed

That's a record, considering she hasn't slept in past 10 in ages. But when her eyes had fluttered open early that morning they'd immediately fluttered shut in protest. The purposely gentle tone of her alarm clock had seemed much louder, practically screeching even with her head buried under the covers. When she'd finally managed to gain the strength and turn it off, it had taken the minimal amount of energy she actually had. Her head was pounding, throat dry, and her eyes felt so heavy. Every inch of her body ached and she knew even without the dehibilitating symptoms that she would not be leaving this bed today.

Well, except for the three times she got sick.

She squinted long enough at her screen through swimming vision to send a short text to Aaliyah, letting her know to just take it easy today. Jeff could go with Harry for the Make a Wish visit. If Aaliyah had replied, she wasn't sure. Her phone had been resting on the bed next to her pillow after she'd texted her but when she opened her eyes later, it was gone. She knew it was probably on the floor of her room so she didn't worry about it, thankful that she was able to actually take the day off with peace of mind knowing that there wasn't a show.

Time zones and red eyes had never been her friend, but this reminder only made that more clear to Rhea.

Her eyes are flutter shut again after she finds a comfortable position, sleep overtaking her exhausted body. She lets herself fall into it, covers half on and half off her warm body.

She thinks she's having an extremely vivid dream when she hears someone calling her name, their gentle fingers stroking up and down the skin of her arm

"Rhe, love, open your eyes fo' me," the voice implores, a certain degree of concern to it that touches Rhea's heart.

She feels a hand brush against her forehead and she lets out a whine, trying to shuffle away from it and pulling the covers over her head.