six

a/n: this chapter contains explicit content! read with discretion. 

"C'mon in, love

"C'mon in, love. Just got to grab some things," Harry says, holding the door open with his finger tips as he ushers Rhea inside.

"Okay, hurry, the car is waiting," Rhea replies, stepping inside and carefully shutting the door behind her so it closes with an almost inaudible click. She shuffles on her wedge heels, adjusting the clutch bag under her arm as she stays in front of the door. They had some time to kill before soundcheck for the Philly show tonight, so Harry had suggested that they go out to eat. Jeff and Glenne were out doing a couple's thing so that left the band, Rhea, and Harry. Aaliyah had family in Philly so she was off visiting them for a little with Rhea's blessing.

"M'hurrying, just can't find my fucking wallet," Harry mumbles from somewhere further into his room. Rhea licks her lips and glances down at her outfit as she nervously wrings her hands together. According to her weather app, it was blazing in Philly. She fidgets with the gold set of bangles on her arms, eyes trailing the intricate shapes and stones of her rings in hope of distracting herself from how weird she feels just standing by his doorway.

"Rhe," Harry cries out in a frustrated voice. She can practically picture him turning around to look for her with his brows furrowed together and a grumpy frown on his face. "Can yeh help me look?"

Rhea sighs softly and making a sound of agreement, stepping forward into his room. The bed is unmade, covers tossed to the left and one of the pillows is sideways- a makeshift cuddle buddy for him. His trusty leather duffle is sitting on the couch, unzipped and contents visible if Rhea were to rise up on her toes. She can smell the lingering scent of Harry's after shave in the air from the direction of the pristine bathroom.

"Harry, you've got to keep better track of your stuff," Rhea points out, dropping her clutch onto the couch as she begins to peer into his bag.

"I do," he protests. "Was just so tired last night, don't remember where I dropped it." He walks around the bed towards the bathroom, "Gonna check my bag in here real quick."

Rhea doesn't find it in his bag so she folds up the contents as neatly as she can before zipping it closed and setting it aside. She walks around towards the bed and lifts the bed skirt to make sure it's not fallen onto the floor. Her hair is in its natural form today, straight and freshly washed. A few strands cling to her dark caramel skin as she stands up again, eyes narrowing as she glances around the room.

She turns her gaze to Harry's nightstand, seeing his phone plugged into the charger and a few rings sitting there as well. She grabs onto the knob of the first drawer and opens it, peering inside. She doesn't find Harry's wallet, but she comes across another leather bound object that just about stops her heart.

She blinks at the journal in awe for a moment before reaching inside the drawer and pulling it out. The leather is wore, faded and creased in various places from years of thinking, writing, and anger being thrown into it. Rhea's eyes flutter as she just barely grazes her fingers over the indentations of the leather, tracing the patterns of Harry's scrawl. She looks at the various doodles of his that are decorating the cover, the stars, the words. Her throat closes up as she reads some of the inscripted words "one and only". She swallows harshly, her index finger tracing the strip of leather that ties the journal together- holding all of Harry's thoughts, musings, and doodles safe inside the leather walls.