Prologue

Everyone says that there is no destination on this road of your life. Well I am here to tell you that those people are idiots. There is a destination. Everyone fears it no matter how brave they seem to be. This destination, is death.

        I would introduce myself, but I can't, I don't know my name. They call me the Iron Soldier, but I know that I must have a real name given to me by my parents. Or I at least hope I do. The thing is, I can't remember who they are, who I was, who I am. I don't remember where I came from or who any of these people are. To be completely honest I only know two things for sure;

        1. I do whatever Hydra asks me to do, no objections.

And

        2. The Avengers are my next target.

        Do I scare you yet? Does the mention of your precious Avengers send fear rushing through your veins? Do you doubt me? Please, there is no way I could get away with this. I can't pull it off! Who am I kidding?! Here's a fun fact: I have a suit that can evaporate you in a millisecond. Do you doubt me now? Is that little voice in the back of your head telling you that I could never do it, disappearing with every word you read? Fear has replaced that doubt, hasen't it? Well good, because when it comes to me, the only thing you should be feeling is fear. Here's another fun fact: if you don't fear me, you tend to do things. You feel that overwhelming sense of bravery, you think you stand up to me. You stand before me, feeling brave as you try your worthless attempt to protect the ones you love. But what you don't see behind my helmet is my thick smirk as I raise my hand and blow you sky high. You try to protect the ones you love but in the end it does nothing but get you and the loved ones killed. You cannot stop me. You cannot protect yourself from Hydra.

        Here's one last fun fact: if you see me or the Winter Soldier, or both of us coming your way, the best thing to do, the only thing to do, is run.