Chapter Twenty: The Thing That Should Not Be

Jet's POV

        "They, are the Hydra Elite." agent 2 says. My eyes widen, staring at the amazingly fit people in front of me. One tall, blonde girl walks up to me. Her brown eyes shine, a smile across her face.

        "Well, looks like we got ourselves a crab." she says, her voice having a thick ascent that I can't put my finger on. "I'm Miranda, you're trainer." she says, extending a hand.

        "Yeah, but the time she gets done with you, you'll have a Russian ascent for the rest of your life. Hey, I'm Jeff you're other trainer." a man says, walking toward me and shaking my hand. He's quite tall, built very well. Dark hair, light eyes, sense of humor. Bright smile that reaches his eyes and a subtle laugh.

        "Hey, I'm agent 15." I say.

        "Well, I'll leave you guys to it. Try not to break her like you did the last one." agent 2 says in a hard voice. He turns and walks away, other agents making a path for him wherever he walks. My eyes widen and I look at Miranda and Jeff.

        "He's kidding." Miranda explains.

        "Yeah, and he's an ass. Man he is so uptight! Everyone that works in the recruitment program is. They all need to take some shots and loosen up a bit before the pole that's up their ass snaps." Jeff says, motioning in the direction that agent 2 took off in. I chuckle but quickly stop, knowing that the last time I showed emotion I got beat for it.

        "You can laugh here. I promise I won't go all murder on you." Miranda says.

        "Am I allowed to ask questions?" I ask. "Wait, that was a question. But am I?" I stumble. Jeff laughs lightly and Miranda smiles.

        "Yes you can ask questions. Unlike them, we are still somewhat human. We may not be able to remember who we are but, we're human." Jeff tells me. Miranda shoots him a dirty look and Jeff looses his smile. I'm guessing he over stepped some boundaries.

        "Why don't I have a name?" I ask, trying to change to subject.

        "You survive training, you get a name. That's how it works. For now, you're agent 15, crab." Miranda says, turning her attention from Jeff to me. I nod, keeping my comments to the minimum. "For now, we are going to work you. Do you have your choice of music?" she asks me. I nod and raise my hand that has my iPhone in it.

        "Let me guess, classical?" Jeff asks. I shake my head no. "Then it's pop." I shake my head yet again. "There is no way a fragile little girl like you is into to the metal and rock."

        "But I am." I say, confused as to why he is so surprised. "Is that bad? Should I go back and switch my choice?" I scold myself for asking so many questions.

        "No it's, it's just not very typical for girls like you, I guess." he says coolly.

        "Oh." I say, glancing down at the ground. I grab my left forearm with my right hand and cringe. I glance down at my left arm, but nothing is there. I furrow my eye brows in confusion and grab my forearm harshly again. I yelp in pain, but again, nothing is there. "What- I don't understand." I say, rubbing my arm.

        "It's something Hydra does. You got a little beaten up trying to get you here so they just erased all of the marks off of your skin." Miranda says casually.

        "What?!" I screech.

        "Yeah. Bye bye bruises forever. It makes us look stronger." Jeff says casually, running his hand through his hair.