➵ 11 | I L O V E Y O U

"Keira?" Thorin whispered. "Is that really you?"

The Company stepped back to give us more space. I stepped forward.

"Why don't you come and find out," I said, teasing him. He walked closer and touched my cheek. "It can't be, I buried you."

"Yeah," I said dryly, "I noticed."

He played with his braid in my hair. "You're really here." I came closer, our foreheads were touching now. "Yeah, I thought you would like that."

He cupped my face and carefully pressed his lips against mine. I kissed him back, my hands on his chest.

"I wanted to do that for a long time," he said. I smiled. "Me too."

"I could never say it," he continued. I raised my eyebrow. "Say what?"

"I love you, Keira Strongbow. So much. Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason. You are the first and last thing on my mind each and every day. If I had to choose between breathing and loving you, I would use my last breath to tell you I love you."

I smiled at him, tears were now running from my face.

"You never fail to amaze me, Thorin Oakenshield. Everyday there is something new that makes me love you even more than the day before."

He smiled broadley and kissed my lips softely. By now the Company had begun cheering. The one's who had fainted, were back up and Kili and Fili ran forward to give me a hug.

"We have missed you," they whispered in my ear.

I hugged them back. "I have missed you too."

While Thorin got congratulations for finding his 'One', I sneeked over to Gandalf and Carden. "My dear Keira," Gandalf began, "I am happy you're back and with company I see." He looked at Carden.

I scratched my neck. "Yeah, he's my soulmate. He saved me from my second death." Gandalf nodded and gestured at Bilbo to come over.

Bilbo walked over to us and turned to me. "I haven't really got a chance to say it, but I'm happy you're back." I smiled and pat his shoulder. "So am I, my friend, so am I."

Carden and I left Gandalf and Bilbo, I believed that Gandalf would ask Bilbo to check on our surroundings.

"Before I allow you to come with us, I want you to know what excactely we are going to do." I said to Carden. "If you don't want to come, I fully understand that."

"Just tell me the damn plan," he replied.

"Well, we are on our way to Erebor to take back the mountain from Smaug and to make Thorin king again."

Carden gazed at Thorin. "So he's the King Under The Mountain I have heard from."

I nodded. "He is."

He glanced at me. "And you love him." It wasn't a question.

I smiled at Thorin. "Yeah, I do."

"Well then, it seems that mr Oakenshield and I will have a conversation."

I raised my eyebrow, but he just shrugged. "I have to make sure that he won't hurt you otherwise I'll have to hurt him."

"You'll have to get in line then," I said, knowing that Daylor and Faelar will get to him first. "My brothers are probably already threatening him."

"Brothers?"

"Yeah I am one third of a triplet." Carden looked around and his eyes fell on Daylor and Faelar who were indeed threatening Thorin.

"Excuse me but I'm going to join your brothers," Carden said while walking towards the three of them.

I shook my head, smiling and looked at Bilbo who stormed out of the bushes. I ran towards him, but Gandalf reached him first.

"We have a problem," Bilbo stated.

"What is it? Did they see you? They saw you." Gandalf said.

"What? No!" Bilbo protested.

"What did I say about Hobbits?" Gandalf said proudly to the Company.

"Just listen will you!" Bilbo shouted, getting everyone's attention. "There is something out there, something other than the orcs."

"Had it the form of a bear?" Gandalf said like he already knew the answer.

Bilbo looked surprised. "Actually, yes."

The howl of a Warg sounded through the air, closer than I wanted.

"There is a house nearby," Gandalf said.

"Friend or foe?" Thorin asked.

"Neither."