➵ 15 | E S C A P E

"I thought I could find you here."

I was never so relieved to see Bilbo.

"Bilbo, you're here!" I exclaimed quietly, picking him up and hug him.

"Keira," he began, "can't breath."

I laughed and put him back down. "What are you doing here?"

"Saving you of course!" He exclaimed. "I already have a plan for the dwarves but you guys are harder to free." He looked down guilty.

I shared a glance with my brothers. "It's okay Bilbo. We have a plan."

We quickly shared our plan with Bilbo.

"What if you get caught?" Bilbo asked.

"I'll distract them," I said. "I'll find a way to get to Carden and fly away with him."

"I heard my name."

I rolled my eyes. "Eavesdropping are we?"

"I wouldn't dare."

"So you agree with the plan?"

I can feel him think about it. "It's the only way."

I nodded and looked back at the others who looked at me as if I had grown another head.

"Are you alright Keira?" Faelar asked.

I nodded. "I'll explain everything later."

Daylor nodded. "Let's go."

He opened the door and glanced into the hall.

"It's okay, no one's here."

We followed him from the hall.

"Bilbo, you go and free the dwarves, we'll be right behind you." Faelar said.

Bilbo nodded and disappeared around the corner. We sneaked through the palace, hoping we wouldn't come across any elves. We would meet Bilbo and the Company in the wine cellar, unfortunately for us, we came across some guards.

I pointed at me and then to the guards. I was to be the distraction. I saw them hesitating. They shared a glance and nodded. I looked down the hall and found a balcony.

"Carden, you there?"

"Yes."

"I need you to come to a balcony, it's close to my room but more to the left. You'll see me when I jump off it."

"You.. wait. What?!"

"Just make sure you catch me."

I pulled back and winked at my brothers. I walked around the corner straight to the guards.

They looked up. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in your room?" One asked.

I shrugged. "I got boring so I went out to explore this beautiful palace."

The elf frowned. "I don't think you're allowed to do that. My lady please let me escort you to your room."

I smiled. "You have to catch me first."

I ran down the hall, towards the balcony. I could hear the elves running after me. They would soon catch up with me. I sprung on the balustrade and then in the air.

"Carden! Now's a great time to show up!" I yelled, falling.

"Are you trying to die?!" Carden fired back, catching me.