➵ 14 | T H R A N D U I L

Most of the Company except for Thorin, Daylor, Faelar and I where accompanied to the dungeons.

We were brought to the king, who sat proudly on his chair.

"Ah, Thorin, son of Thrain." He said, looking at Thorin. He looked then at us. "I don't know who you are, but you seem familiar."

Daylor stepped up. "I am Daylor Strongbow and they are my brother and sister, Faelar and Keira Strongbow, children of Cirdan and Margaery Strongbow."

The king shocked of that news. "Are you really?"

Daylor nodded. "We are."

"I knew them," Thranduil whispered, "They gave their lives to save me,"

"No," Daylor hissed, "they were murdered by orcs."

I looked down, not wanting to meet Thranduil's eye. Faelar took my hand and put his hand on Daylor's shoulder.

"So you're saying that this was all a lie?"

Thranduil nodded and my anger raised.

"Why would they do that? What was so important for you that they had to leave their children?" I said angrily, looking up.

He shocked when he saw my eyes.

"I can't say that but your father was my best friend and it's partly my fault they're dead."

I saw Daylor taking his knife and I grabbed his arm. I took the knife and put it back on its place.

"That won't bring them back." I said, looking into his green eyes. I turned back to Thranduil.

"Prove it."

He looked at Legolas and nodded. Legolas walked away and came back with two things.

"Your father gave me three daggers for safekeeping. They're yours now."

"Why are there only two daggers?" Daylor asked, looking at the daggers.

I take a closer look and my eyes widened. "Because I already have mine."

Thranduil looked at me. "The third dagger was lost a long time ago."

I walked over to the elf who was carrying my weapons and took my the dagger.

I handed it over to Thranduil who looked at it carefully.

"How did you find this?"

I looked at Thorin while answering. "Trollcave."

Thranduil nodded and gave it back. "Lead them to the guest chambers. I want a talk with the King Under The Mountain."

The elves leaded us away and I looked back at Thorin, not wanting to leave his side. He smiled encouraging and I smiled slightly.

After a few minutes we stopped at a door. I opened it and walked in. The elf closed the door and I was alone. I opened the second door in my chamber and saw that it leaded to the bathroom. If I was stuck in here I could just as well take a bath.

After I had taken a bath I looked out of the window. I knew the dwarves were brought to the dungeons and I also knew that Thranduil had guards placed before my door. I was only allowed to see Daylor and Faelar. My eyes went from the garden to the palace. There must be something that could help me. A flash of gold caught my attention.

Carden.

"Keira?" A voice in my mind said.

I stepped back from the window, shocked.