➵ 13 | M I R K W O O D

I was saddling my horse, a beautiful brown mare, when Beorn came to me. He gestured to Daylor and Faelar to come as well. "Please be careful," he began, "the elves of Mirkwood aren't the same as those in Rivendell. They are less wise and more dangerous."

We nodded and he continued. "In the woods of Mirkwood live a lot of dangerous creatures. Whatever happens, don't drink from the water. Try not to fall in it ether." We nodded and he picked us up and hugged us.

"If you ever need my help, just send a bird." We nodded. "Thank you, Beorn, for everything."

He put us down. "I'd do anything for Margaery's kids."

I smiled and mounted my horse. I galloped after Thorin, looking at Carden who was in the air. I slowed my horse down when I was next to him.

Thorin glanced my way. "You ready for this, love?"

I smiled at him. "I was born ready."

He rolled his eyes. "Nice to know you have faith in yourself."

I grabbed his arm with my hand. "I have faith in us."

He smiled at me and brushed my hand with his hand.

"I love you," He said.

I smiled. "I love you too."

We ride for hours and when the sun was on his highest point, we arrived at the edge of Mirkwood. Carden landed and I dismounted. I walked over to him.

"The forrest feels sic," he noticed.

I nodded. "I feel it too."

Daylor and Faelar walked over to us. "You feel that too?" Daylor asked, looking at the forrest in suspicion. I put my hand on Carden.

"We do."

I heard Bilbo ask to Gandalf if there wasn't any other way. I looked at Carden who had also heard the question and he shook his head.

"I'm afraid not, not if we want to be on time at the door."

I sighted and glanced at him. "Well, I suggest you fly instead of walking with us."

He looked at me, shocked. "If you think I will leave you alone is this wood than you're wrong. I'm not leaving you!"

I smiled at him. "I'm not alone, Carden, there was a time that I was, but not anymore."

I looked at the Company. "I have found myself a new family." I looked at Daylor and Faelar. "And an old one."

I looked back at Carden. "If I need help, I will call out for you, deal?"

I saw him hesitating. I knew he'd rather fly over it than to go through it. "I will be fine," I assured him again.

He nodded curtly and flew up. The dwarves have already unsaddled all of the ponies and horses except for Gandalf's. I walked over to him.

"Gandalf, where are you going?"

He looked down at me. "There is somewhere I must be, Keira. I'll meet you at the mountain."

I nodded curtly. It must be important if the wizard has to leave us at this time of the road.

"Be careful," I said to him. He smiled at me and patted my shoulder.

"Watch our for them, Keira. You know just as well as me how stubborn these dwarves can be."

I smiled and nodded slightly. "I'll look after them."

He mounted his horse and galloped away.

"We're going in!" I heard Thorin yell. "Stay close!"

I walked over to Daylor and Faelar. We had decided that we should walk at the back of the group to see that no one stays behind.