Chapter 18

A week later they're laying in bed, a tangled mess of bare limbs, and grey colored sheets. She's laying with her head on his chest, as she lightly traces the lines of his abs while he sleeps peacefully. He jumps awake when his phone blares next to them.

He groggily picks it up and answers it. The hand that he had wrapped around her back moves to rub his eyes.

"Yeah, just go without me." He says, and she can hear who she thinks is Will mumble something, and then there's a brief pause before a much quieter voice comes onto the phone.

"Hey bud, I'll come next time I promise." He says next, and Erin sits up, and lightly smacks his peck; causing him to look at her confused.

"Hang on one second Owen." Jay says pulling the phone away from his ear, and putting it on mute.

"What was that for?" He asks her.

"You should go." She says

"What about you?"

"I'm going to try, and get some sleep since it's five thirty in the morning."

"I want to sleep too."

"You can sleep when you get back, go hang out with your family."

"You don't even know what it is we were supposed to do." He says, and then he moans as she reaches over him for the phone; her bare chest lightly grazing his torso. She takes the phone from his hand, and takes it off mute.

"Owen?" She asks, making sure he's still on the phone.

"Erin?" He says back.

"Hey bud your uncle will be ready in ten minutes." She says, and she can hear him move around, and then he tells Will.

"Erin can you tell him to just meet us at the docks." Will says getting on the phone.

"Sure."

"Thanks." He says before hanging up. She stretches over him, and places the phone back on the nightstand.

"Will said to just meet them at the docks."

"Are you going to come with?" He asks as she leans over so they're chest to chest, and gives him a kiss.

"No I'll stay here."

"Come on, if you don't have fun, then you can come home, and sleep."

"What are you guys doing?"

"We're going fishing."

"I've never been fishing."

"All the more reason for you to come." He says against her lips.

"Fine." She says getting out of bed, and grabbing some clothes. They get ready quickly, making and pouring coffee into travel mugs before walking out the back door. Jay walks to the shed, and takes out two fishing poles. He holds the rods in one hand, and holds her hand in the other, as they walk beside the river. They get to the dock where Ms. Belle along with all of the Halstead men are standing. Al and James are baiting their hooks, and greet them, while Will is fixing something on Owen's pole. Will nods in greeting.

"Uncle Jay, dad said you didn't want to come at first because you didn't want to get beat again." Owen says once he casts.

"No that would be the reason your dad didn't want me to come, because he doesn't want to lose." Jay says; ruffling his nephew's hair.

"Funny because I remember both of you losing last year." Al throws in.

"You're all going to lose if you don't be quiet." James says, and they all chuckle at that.