Chapter 30

Little feet hitting the floor, has him sitting up quickly, and rushing to grab his boxers pff the floor, but when he leans over to where he last saw them, he sees they're gone. He rubs his eyes, as he quickly grabs a clean pair from one of his drawers; putting them on just in time. The door to their bedroom swings open, and slams against the wall behind it

"Daddy!" Their three and a half year old yells to Jay. Jay laughs when he sees his son running towards him in nothing but his Paw Patrol underwear. He scoops him up; throws him up in the air, and then catches him.

"Hey monkey where are your clothes?" Jay asks; knowing full well that he had on pajamas when he went to bed last night. Jonah looks at him confused

"Where are your clothes daddy?" Jonah shoots back, and Jay's surprised, and his cheeks turn pink.

"Fair enough little man." He says as he places a kiss to his son's cheek, as he walks down the hall in search of Erin.

"Where's mommy, huh?" She hears Jay ask, as she finishes burping their two month old. She then places him in his eager big brother's arms, who's sitting in the middle of the big light blue lazy boy, bought specifically for Jonah, and Josh to hold him, with either Erin or Jay sitting next to them; supporting their baby's head.

"Good morning, you're up early little man." Jay says as they walk in.

"Emmett was crying really loud." Josh says to his dad.

"Yeah daddy you were the last one up." Jonah adds, still in his father's arms.

"I didn't know everyone was up already." He says tickling Jonah for a second, before turning his attention back their oldest, and youngest sons, and then his wife. He feels bad, seeing how exhausted she looks, but she's still wearing a beautiful, tired smile.

"Hey monkeys, why don't you go to one of your rooms, and play and I'll make breakfast in a minute." Jay says to Josh, and Jonah; taking Emmett from Josh. He looks down at their youngest son, as he snuggles into his chest, he's still in awe of how tiny he is, and he's afraid he'll hurt him. He sits down next to his wife, and kisses the side of her face as she looks at Jonah, and Josh across the hall, before she turns her head to look at him.

"Good morning beautiful."

"Morning." She all but whispers.

"Why don't you go lay back down? I'll take care of the munchkins." He says, expecting her to say no like she normally would, but she doesn't have it in her today. She gives him a kiss. "Thank you." She whispers against his lips, while his eyes are still closed.

"You don't have to thank me, I wish I could do more."

"You're doing fine babe." She places a kiss on Emmett's head, and goes to their room. He watches her go, and finds himself thinking 'There's my boxers." as he takes in the black and red material covering her from her waist to her mid-thighs. He licks his lips, and then shakes his head as refocuses on the bundle sleeping against him. He chuckles lightly, when he sees the corner of his baby's mouth twitch, and then curl up into a half smile.

"Alright bud, lets go make your brothers, and mommy some breakfast." He says, as he stands with him nestled in the crook of one arm, and he goes to the living room to grab the baby swing. He effortlessly moves the grey, white, and mint colored piece of baby furniture to where the kitchen counter ends. Emmett fusses a little when his father puts him down; buckles him in and quickly turns the swing on. Jay then goes to grab him a blanket; hoping he'll sleep long enough to let his mom get a few more hours sleep. Once Emmett settles down again, Jay sets out to make pancakes.

He goes to the boys room, when the food is ready, to tell them to wash up for breakfast, and then he goes back to the kitchen. Emmett stays asleep while Jay gets Josh, and Jonah's plates together, and sets them on the table, but when Jonah comes out of the bathroom a little too excitedly, the baby jumps, and squirms, but he doesn't wake up somehow. Jonah's brown eyes go wide, and his hand goes over his mouth briefly.