Ch. 14

Momo's POV

I happily listened to whatever Kyoka was talking about. Okay, in all honesty, I sometimes didn't even listen, I just liked looking at her face. She was so charming and charismatic. I was lucky to have gotten to her first rather than Denki. Imagine what kind of love triangle that would make.

I paused in the middle of my thoughts. We were already 3 days into our 1 week vacation in Kyoto. Perhaps I was getting ahead of myself, but I wanted to do something a lot more than a single date and kissing.

What were we missing?

Kyoka grabbed my cheeks, "Hey, are you even listening to me?"

I apologized, "Sorry, I was just deep in thought."

Kyoka rolled her eyes, "Seems just like you. What were you thinking about?"

I rubbed the back of my neck, "I guess I was thinking about us."

Kyoka immediately freaked out and stood up from her seat, "Wait, wait— You're not thinking of breaking up with me, are you?"

I shook my head and pulled Kyoka back into her seat, "No, of course not. It's just that even though we've been establishing a strong connection lately, it feels like we're missing something."

Kyoka bluntly answered, "We haven't gotten to know each other that well. I mean, I don't think I even know what your favorite color or movie are."

I nodded, "Yes, of course. We've only been talking about our feelings and our future, but we've completely been ignoring the simple things in a relationship."

Kyoka laughed, "It feels like we just skipped a huge step in dating."

Suddenly, there was a loud crash right outside our room's sliding door.

I immediately asked out of concern, "What was that? Are you alright?"

A familiar voice called out, "Yup, I'm definitely good."

Kyoka and I got up to open the door to see Denki on the floor.

Kyoka snorted, "What're you doing on the floor, you dork?"

Denki embarrassingly blushed, "I was about to give Momo this letter. The motel staff gave this to Aizawa-Sensei and made me be his errand boy."

I asked, "Why would I receive a letter?"

Denki gave me the letter and got up from the floor, "Dunno."

I sighed, "Ah, it's from my mother."

Denki blankly nodded, "Anyway, I'll be on my way now. Congrats on your relationship, you two. Bye."

Kyoka seemed a little hurt for a second, but her expression immediately changed to curiosity when her gaze fell onto the letter in my hand. "So?"

I quickly opened up the letter and slowly read through it.

After reading it, my eyes fell onto Kyoka. This couldn't be happening. It just couldn't be.

Kyoka seemed to have been reading along with me because her eyes showed only despair. She wrapped her arms around my torso and dug her face into my body. She quietly asked, slightly muffled, "What's that supposed to mean, Momo?"