Chapter 10

We start another afternoon up in the sky. We're soaring above the clouds as we try the different positioning of his tail. I smile as I hold onto Hiccup's waist.

"Okay there bud, we're gonna take this nice and slow." It's a little jerky.

"Here we go...position three, no four." He presses the pedal, causing the tail to flare. We glide on the wind, going sideways and downward. I've never felt so free.

"Alright, it's go time." We quickly fly downward making me laugh as the wind flows through my hair. I losen my grip a bit. We glide through the stone arch, toothless's wings hitting the water.

"Come on buddy! Yeah! Yes, it worked!" Our triumph is short lived when we bump to some sea stacks.

"Sorry." We bump into some more.

"My fault." Toothless procedes to smack him in the face with his ear making me laugh.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm on it. Position four, no three." We quickly pull upward. We quickly fly above the island making me smile at the sight. I laugh and throw my head back as Hiccup yells in excitement and triumph.

"Yeah! Go baby! Yes! Oh, this is amazing! The wind in my-," Hiccup's cheat sheet tears away from the sheer force of the wind and begins to fly away. ", CHEAT SHEET!" He quickly trys to grab it and becomes unhooked from the harness. We all begin to descend. I close my eyes and let out a shriek as the wind rushes past us.

"Hiccup what the shuck just happened!" I scream. He quickly grabs my hand as we see Toothless start to pass us a little bit.

"Alright, okay. You just gotta kinda angle yourself. No, no...come back." Toothless accidently whacks Hiccup making him groan in pain. Hiccup looks at me and let's go of my hand

"Trust me!" He yells. I nod. He reaches for the harness, missing a few times before pulling himself back on it, hooking it back into place. I'm still left falling as Hiccup continues down beside me. He quickly grabs my arm and pulls me to him. I immediately wrap my arms around him tight and bury my face in his neck.

"Your alright now. It's okay." He says as he begins to pull back up. We struggle abit before effortlessly gliding through, doing better on pure instinct rather than the cheat sheet. When we make it through we laugh and throw our hands up.

"YEEAHHH!" Hiccup screams making me laugh. I wrap my arms around him snugly, resting my chin on his shoulder. He looks at me with a smile that seems to say something I can't really read. Hiccup hesitantly stops and looks ahead. Toothless screeches happily before blasting a little bit ahead of us, flying us towards to ball of fire.

"Ah, come on."

Time Skip

We sit on a cliff, singed and a bit stunned. Our hair looks like we're being hit with a strong gust of wind even though it's not. We have a fire burning in front of us. Toothless regurgitates a fish head as Hiccup and I cook our fish over the fire.

"Uh..no thanks. I'm good." Hiccup says as Toothless looks to him. He looks at me and shake my head with a smile. I look down at my lap as some terrible terrors land in front of us. Toothless growls and protects his fish. One grabs the fish head and takes a nibble before another one comes, trying take it. The first one precedes to send fire the second ones way making it run away. One pulls a fish from the pile making Toothless grab the other end and pull. He easily takes it from the tiny dragon and gobbles it down before making a sound that almost sounds like a taunting laugh. The small dragon gets this look on its face of determination and anger, scraping it's feet like a bull. It opens it's mouth ready to fire when Toothless effortlessly send a fireball into the dragons mouth, making it's body into a ball before it smoke comes out, the dragon a bit out of it.

"Not so fireproof on the inside, are you? Here you go." Hiccup laughs, tossing his fish to the dragon who gulps it down happily. I pick up my own fish and toss it to a different one. The one that Hiccup tossed his fish to cautiously approaches us. It stares at Hiccup before curling up under his arm, closing it's eyes. Hiccup stares in amazement. I jump a little as I feel something crawl into my lap. I smile at the dragon that curls up and pet it's head. I look at Hiccup who's smiling and staring at me. He looks down to the dragon at his side.

"Everything we know about you guys is wrong."