Chapter 19

Hiccup's POV

I hear little whining and huffing noises, my eyes fluttering open. I smile as Toothless nuzzles and nudges my face.

"Oh, hey Toothless. Okay, okay! I'm happy to see you too, bud. Now just- AW!" I groan as Toothless steps on a very important part of me. I sit up and wince before looking around.

"My- aw I'm in my house. You're in my house." Toothless jumps around the room, knocking things over, far too big for the space.

"Uh...does my dad know you're in here?!"  Toothless pauses at the foot of the bed, tongue wagging. He eyes the rafters before he leaps up onto them.

"Okay, okay -- no Toothless! Aw, come on..." I say as I go to get up. Something catches my attention. I peel back the blankets and stare as Toothless jumps down. I look up before looking back down saddened. I swing my legs over the side of the bed before stepping down with the only foot I had left. Toothless looks at it before looking up at me. I struggle to find something to say. I take a deep breath before grabbing onto the post of my bed and standing up. I take a step and huff before taking another deep breath. I go to step with the other leg and fall, Toothless catching me as I groan. He leans me back up.

"Thanks bud." I say leaning on him. My eyes widened as I realise it's just Toothless and I. Oh don't tell me.

"Toothless, where Y/n? She's still alive right?" I ask with pleading eyes. Toothless's face falls, seeming saddened by it. My eyes fill with tears.

"No. No! Please! It can't be true!" I plead with Toothless. He let's out a bit of a sad pur. I start to break down.

"Y/n..." I whimper. I hear shuffling upstairs.

"Toothless? What's wrong bud?" I look up and see a goddess. Y/n slowly comes down the steps, covered in bruises and cuts. Her arm is heavily bandaged and her foot seems kind of twisted but she still looks beautiful. She looks up and makes eye contact with me. She quickly rushes down the rest of the stairs and towards me, stumbling a bit as she throws herself into my open arms. We laugh in happiness as we just hold eachother. I pull away to look at face before pulling her into a kiss, pouring my relief and passion into it. As we pull away a tear fall from her eye. I quickly wipe it away and let her rest her head in my palm. She stares up at me with so much love in her eyes as I look down at her with the same thing in mine.

"You scared me so bad. Don't do that again." She says with a small pout. I smile and give a little laugh.

"Well at least you didn't have to watch it happen. I watched as you fell and couldn't do anything as you just laid there. I thought you were dead." I said before attacking her face with little kisses. She laughs and tries to pull away a bit before I land the last one on her lips, staying there before pulling away with a smile. She quickly pulls my arm over her shoulder, wincing a bit but brushing it off.

"Come on, your dad will want to see you right away." She says as her and Toothless help me walk. I pull the door open to see and hear a Monstrous Nightmare and quickly shut the door.

"Toothless, stay here." I say before opening the door again. Y/n laughs as I see Snotlout on the back of the dragon.

"Come on guys, get ready! Hold on tight! Here we go!" Snotlout shouts to a class of newbie riders.

"I knew it. I'm dead. Y/n Why didn't you tell me?" I ask looking at her. She laughs along with someone else. My dad comes up to us and pats my shoulder.

"No, but you two gave it your best shots." He says as he takes Y/n's place in helping me. I grab her hand with a smile.

"So? What do you think?" He asks as we walk, motioned to the transformed village. I just shrug, amazed.

"Hey look! It's Hiccup!" They rush over, surrounding me with a hero's welcome.

"Turns out all we needed was a little more of..." He gestures to all of me."...this."

"You just gestured to all of me." I say standing back on my own. He nods with a smile as Gobber walks up.

"Well. Most of you.That bit's my handiwork. With a little Hiccup flare thrown in. Think it'll do?" He asks. I lift my leg and look at it.

"I might make a few tweaks." I admit making the people around us laugh. Astrid walks up to us and punches me in the arm.

"That's for scaring me." I groan.

"What, is it always going to be this way?" I ask. She just laughs and nods. As I turn Gobber hands me an artificial tail.

"Welcome home." I smile before hearing a bit of a groan.

"Night Furry!"

"Get down!" Vikings scramble as Toothless bounces on them to get to me. He gives a little roar making us laugh.

"Mind if I ride with you?" Y/n asks. I smile.

"Why wouldn't you?" I smile before giving her a peck on the lips. She smiles before helping set up Toothless's tail. We quickly climb on, Y/n wrapping her arms around me.

"You ready?" Toothless snorts. I look up and see people riding on their dragons and just being happy.

This... is Berk. It snows nine months of the year... and hails the other three.

We quickly take to the sky's smiling. We soar through town laughing and cheering.

Any food that grows here is tough and tasteless. The people that grow here are even more so.

We reach the water and soar their before going higher up into the mountains, the other recruits joining us.

The only upsides are the pets. While other places have...ponies or parrots, we have... Dragons

Y/n, Toothless and I soar up into the clouds with a smile. I turn to Y/n and press my forehead against her.

"I love you Y/n L/n."

"And I love you Hiccup Horrendous Haddock iii."