Chapter 12

Hiccup, Astrid, and I are the last three before the elder picks who will kill their first dragon in front of everybody.

A Gronckle flies over head as Hiccup and I hide behind a little barrier. Astrid lands right next to us. She scoffs as she sees us, slamming Hiccup's shield down while holding her axe to my throat.

"Stay out of my way! I'm winning this thing." She growls at me. This bitch is a beast herself.

"Please, by all means." Hiccup says as he stands up, fixing his helmet while giving his father a awkward smile. I quickly roll to another barrier as the Gronckle comes towards Hiccup and I. I quickly start scratching it as it goes to attack Hiccup, making the thing forget it's intentions. I roll, trying to make it look like it's lunge of happiness and affection was one of anger. People gasp as I "fall" behind a barrier.

Hiccup runs over and begins to scratch again. I quickly get back up and act like I'm trying to hold the thrashing beast still. Everyone takes the Gronckle's movements as anger but we know it's pure pleasure and joy. It quickly falls unconcious on the floor to which Hiccup and I smile at as people cheer.

"AAAAAAUGGGHHHHHH!" Astrid let's out a battle cry as she clears barriers before stopping with with her axe up.

"No! No! Son of halftroll rat eating munge bucket!" Astrid screams in pure rage, thrashing her axe around before attacking a poor, defenseless barrier.

"Wait! Wait!" Stoick yells. This is when Hiccup and I try to take our leave.

"So, later." Hiccup says as we attempt to pass Gobber who only hooks us back.

"Not so fast."

"We're kinda late for-"

"What? Late for what exactly?" Astrid growls, the livid girl holding her axe to my throat once again.

"Okay quiet down. The elder has decided." Stoick says holding up his hands. Gobber walks behind us, holding his hook above Astrid who had just pulled her axe away. She had wide eyes as she puffed out her chest and visibly held her breath. Gothi shakes her head to which Astrid responded to with a deep frown and flared nostrils.

Gobber then puts his hook over my head. She pauses, her hand on her chin as I grab Hiccup's hand. I shake my head as the crowd looks at me with excitement in their eyes. Gothi seems torn before looking at Stoick. She's made her final decision. She looks at me once more before shaking her head with reluctance. The crowd ooos as Gobber holds his hand above Hiccup's head, Hiccup squeezing my hand tighter. She nods as the crowd erupts. He visibly grimaces to which I nod at him with a straight face. He sighs.

"You've done it! You've done it, Hiccup! You get to kill the dragon!" Gobber yells as the other teens begin to pick him up and cheer. Fishlegs holds him on his shoulder and Hiccup forces a smile. I cheer right along side them.

"Ha, ha! That's my boy!" Stoick yells happily.

"Heh, heh. Oh yeah! Yes! I can't wait. I am so..."

"Leaving " Hiccup says when we reach the cove.

"We're leaving. Let's pack up. Looks like you, y/n, and me are taking a little vacation, forever." We look around for Toothless as we set down the basket. I sigh and stand up with Hiccup. We both find Astrid sharpening her axe. We jump back in surprise.

"What are you doing here?" Hiccup asks. Astrid let's the rock roll out of her hand before jumping down and backing us up.

"I want to know what's going on. No one just gets as good as you do. Especially you two. Start talking! Are you training with someone?" She asks us, moving her axe from hand to hand in a threatening manner.

"Uh...training?" I say. She looks Hiccup's harness.

"It better not involve this." She says, picking him up by the harness before dropping him.

"I know this looks really bad, but you see...this is, uh..."

"Does it also involve this?" She asks, grabbing the dagger from the holdster on my thigh.

"Hey! Give it back!" I yell as I reach for it. She holds it back with a smirk.

"Not happening l/n. You're always trying to prove you're better than me when you're not so I think I deserve a little something from all that annoying shit you put me through." She scoffs.

"That was my mother's now hand it over." I say. She rolls her eyes.

"Do I really have to say it again. No! You act like I care." She says before a rustle is heard she pushes both of us and heads foward, dropping my dagger. I quickly grab it before jumping up and heading after her.

"You're right! You're right. I'm through with the lies. I've been making... outfits. So you got me. It's time everyone knew. Drag me back. Go ahead. Here we go." She bends his hand back making him groan.

"Oww why would you do that?" She then kicks him on his way to the floor.

"That's for the lies," she says before dropping her axe on Hiccup's stomach, the axe bouncing right back into her grip." That's for everything else. I push her with a angry groan. She falls to the floor before looking up at me with burning anger. She jumps up and swings her axe at me. I dodge it only to get pushed to the floor. She stands over me, the axe pinning my neck to ground. I look at her with anger as I grit my teeth.

"I'm so done with all of your bull l/n!" She says as Hiccup groans from the ground a few feet away.

"Slint head."I spit through my teeth. Her anger seems to grow even though I'm pretty sure she has no idea what that means.

"I'm so done with you l/n!" She yells before we all are caught off guard by a growl. I turn my head to see Toothless running over with a look of anger and determination, his teeth bared. Astrid gasps and jumps off of me. Hiccup quickly jumps up. Tootless spreads his wings in a threatening manner and roars as he stand on his back legs.

"No. It's okay! It's okay. She's a friend. You scared him." Hiccup says as Toothless growls and pushes foward. I get up and try to calm Toothless down.

"I scared him!? Who is him?" She ask as she looks into Toothless's narrowed eyes. I stroke him, feeling him start to calm down a bit, not much but it's a start. Hiccup goes foward abit.

"Astrid, Toothless. Toothless, Astrid." Toothless roars lowly. Astrid eyes all of us in disgust before turning and running for the village.

"We're dead." I mumble as  Toothless turns and walks away, satisfied with Astrids departure.