Chapter 15

Hunk was pacing, and for the first time you sat alongside them at the bridge. "Okay. So, when we get there, what do you think? Do we just roll up and like, start blasting? Or do we land and have some... kind of public address system, like, 'Attention, Galras. This is Voltron. Turn yourselves in!'" Pausing Hunk stopped to look around in question. "No. Blasting, right?"

"Hunk, calm down. And yes, blasting." Keith made a gesture that you found oddly endearing as he gave a smirk at Hunk. He knew what was up. 

"Eh, it's our first big rescue mission. He's excited." Shiro commented, trying to not let the Paladins embarrass Hunk to much. 

"Excited to see his new girl-friend-" Hunk gasped at Pidge's comment. How the hell did you think Pidge was a girl? She sounded like a girl at a sleepover just now. 

"She's not my girlfriend! She's just a rock that I met and I admire very much." To cut of the light mood that had made its way to everyone's hearts was gone as the unusual alarms began to go off within the castle. 

"What is it? Are we being attacked?" Shiro asked, now ready for action. 

"No, it seems to be a distress beacon. It's coming from a nearby moon. Apparently, a ship has lost power." Allura explained. 

 "I wonder who it is." Pidge asked.  Hunk began to shack his head.

"Whoever it is will have to wait. Shay has first priority. We can check back on them when we're done."

"The Paladin Code states that we must help all those in need." Allura advised, her attitude suggesting that they would be doing it whether Hunk liked it or not. 

"Wow! This is so cool. It's like we're space cops on space patrol. Coran, do we have a siren we can turn on?" You grimace, Lance back on Earth loved moves with the famous liners 'The Hunters become the Hunted' meaning it consisted of movies that hadn't interest you like thrillers. 

"Uh, no, but we could record you making a siren noise and broadcast that to them." Coran suggested. 

"Perfect!" Lance exclaimed as he began to imitate a siren sound. Shiro turned to cover his hand over Lance's mouth to stop him. 

"No, not doing that." the moon drew closer, the small stranded aircraft with a dot on it's position. 

"Attention, damaged craft, this is Princess Allura. We are coming to assist you." Allura informed over a comm, you could only imagine the faces that the people would be doing as they saw the Castle of Lions come down to rescue them. You followed the Paladins down, hoping that maybe you would get to see a different moon up close. Allura placed a hand on your shoulder. 

"Please. Y/N. Stay here and help Coran." She turned to Coran now and looked at him. "Stay aboard and try to get as many of our systems clear of that Galra crystal energy as you can. We'll see who hailed us."

"Yes, Princess." Coran turned to you. "You can help me and see if all the systems are clear I need you to do this." He gestured to a panel where levels of energy were able to be seen. You moved over to where Coran was gesturing. Within minutes Hunk was bacl up looking for parts for the freedom fighters ship. 

"Coran can Y/N come. I need her help to get the stuff together." Hunk asked as he poked his head through the door. Coran gave a smile. 

"Off you go, Y/N." Suddenly you felt like a toddler being told what to do and when to do it. You found it frustrating, as you were pretty sure that both Lance and Hunk where the same age as you, maybe even Keith was. You wandered the halls until you came to a room, a room that was probably for engineers back when the castle was completely full, it was filed with odd bits and wires that were everywhere. You were suddenly glad that you had not be asked to clean this room up. Hunk handed you the list.