Chapter 17

The wind is blowing gently through your window when you wake up. Your sheets are tangled around you, your hair a mess as it pushes itself into your eyes. It was just a dream. A very vivid dream. It then takes you a couple of moments to come to. You aren't in your room, you're in a hospital bed. Instantly you take off the breathing mask. Flowers are bunched at the bedside, a breathing tube is up through your nostrils. A teddy bear is looking at you from down the end of the bed, a love heat with the letter 'Get Well' are sown in pink. Somewhere you register that you can hear your heartbeat on the heart monitor.  It sounds normal, fine. SO why the hell were you in a hospital. Someone is giggling down the hallway, you can hear them clear as a bell. Footsteps. Maybe a nurse. Maybe someone you know. The nurse isn't looking at you as she studies the small clipped board in front of her. You open your mouth to speak, only a croak from disuse comes out. She whirls around, her eyes wide. 

"You're awake! Oh god! Let me get the doctor!" She rushes off, her soft shoes barely making a sound on the white lino floor. Only moments later does the doctor come into. His eyes wide and his face pinched as his eyebrows drew together. 

"Contact her parents. They will want to know immediately." He commanded as he moved his way to the bedside. "Now, now. Just lie back down, we don't want you to strain yourself." You struggle to comprehend his words, and finally after realising what he had asked you lay back down. "How do you feel?"

"Fine." It takes you multiple times to get it out but finally it comes out croaky. 

"Water?"

"Yes please." When did you start using manners? What the hell has happened? "What happened?" You ask as he hands you a glass of water. He settles down onto the seat, gathering his stethoscope into his hands. Although you didn't know why he had one, surely you alive and breathing and that was a testimony of that.

"Her parents have been contacted." The nurses stated calmly as she gave you a light smile. 'Are you feeling fine sweetie?"

"Great. Umm just confused." 

"Do you remember anything at all?" The doctor asked, you frowned at him. "Oh sorry I'm Doctor Gray and this is Nurse Holt." he looked back at the nurse with short blonde hair. She smiled. 

"Anything at all?" she asked. You throat clogged. What where you meant to be remembering? What was going on?

"What am I meant to remember? What happened?" You felt your throat tighten and construct around the words that seemed oddly misfitting. You were surprised that they understood you as your words had come out harsh and broken.

"You were in a coma, sweetie. You haven't woken up since you were five." Nurse Holt explained as she sat beside your bed. Wait. What? 

"My dad. He's not dead." The words blurted out before you could stop them. Doctor Gray frowned. 

"Your father is very much alive, Y/N. Why do you think he was dead?" You made a gesture of uncertainty.

"I've been in a come?"

"Yes."

"They why am I here? How old am I?" You asked, your mind now whirl-winding everywhere. Yikes. 

"22 years and 5 months." Nurse Holt replied, as she seated herself beside you. 

"Can you tell me your birthday?"

"Y/BD" (Your birthday)

"The year?"

"BD/Y" (Birthday Year) Doctor Gray made a face of approval. 

"Well, it seems that your basics are intact. Can you tell me who your parents are?"

"F/N and M/N," You paused as Doctor Gray began to frantically scribble down the notes. "Why is this so relevant-"