Chapter 25

Mal didn't move an inch, she let herself lay under the hot water in the tub. When Vix was done and Mal stepped inside, it's still warm and the effect was instantaneous: the water hit her skin, the water surround her aches and bruises along her body. She scooped a cup of water and tipped her face up into the spray, feeling it soak her.

God, that feels amazing, Mal thought as she scrubs the dirt with a sponge.

She considers that she could stay in it a little longer. Perhaps not attend to Charlie's gathering. All the parties he made were just a gathering of people trying to be cleaned up, himself drinking about three drinks while a person had half a cup gone, and makes it as like a formal party. Of course it's not a easy-going route for people. It's too awkward. And it brings too many memories of the abuse. The day it all started.

Now, she's going back at the place again. Mal felt the acidic burn of vomit creep up her throat at the sensation, she whimpered as she remembers exactly in flashes of the fear. Fumbling hands groped at the waistband before tearing them down pale thighs, Mal squirmed, feet moving in all directions trying to get the man off her, trying to get him to just stop. A sharp rap to the head disoriented her, she felt her legs being shoved apart as Charlie steps in closer. She doesn't remember feeling any material near her feet, she just remembered the rhythmic brushing of a hand against her ass. Another hand trailing from down her shoulder blades, lower and lower until - Mal squeezed her eyes tight against the memory, breathing hard. She willed herself to get up and stay with the kids, stay with Max to babysit AJ, watch movies, not go anywhere.

There was a sudden knock at the door, and Mal jolted, her low shoulder hitting the wall of the tub.

"Mal, you in there? I know we really don't want to come over there better hurry up, you know Charlie! You've been in there so long. What's going on?"

Vix's words confused her. She'd just gotten in. Vix should still finish up the boys clothes-

Mal gets up, wrapping the towel over her and comes out with Vix in a worried expression crossing her face. "I'm sorry. I wanted to barge in but didn't want to scare you. You were in there for two hours." Mal's expression softened into confusion at that, and the fear melted into a shaky confusion that was echoed in the way her was trembling.

"T-Two hours?" She asked.

Vix nodded. "Precisely," she notices the bruises from the Claimers and something else and quickly reacted as Mal curled further back to herself, trying to shield the proof from Vix, "I know we all don't want to go but we have no choice. And Mal, I won't push you into anything. We go in and leave before others do OK?"

Mal looked down at herself as if for the first time, and when she looked back up at Vix, she looked lost. "I- I don't remember doing this. I was just- just-" her voice broke.

"Get the dirt off? Well, I'm pretty sure you got it all You're rubbed raw and you're face is clear as diamonds."

"Yeah." She holds out her hand, flickering her finger to come forward, Mal follows her into their room since the boys are getting dressed downstairs as the kids are watching movies in the living room.

"Well, I tried my best to make it less reveal in certain areas. Found some fabrics to cover more on the legs and chest, make it comfortable so you won't itch from the material and your comfort zone but I may be wrong and it's not my best work-"

"Vix," she stops her stammering, holding her hand, "Anything you do is perfect. Thank you." She starts to put the dress on.

Vix knew what was right for Mal despite how she doesn't like to wear anything that's a dress or a simple shirt. Something Mal is comfortable in her own skin. The pink silk loosely on her body, the V tip of the chest and the mid-thigh legs were covered of bluish grey fringe, sewn in embroidery of pearls around the waist. Vix in her short length light green dress that was made of silk and nice ruffles and sequins makes her dark eyes became more of a caramel. Finishing her peach lipstick and leaving her hair with no braid or anything she gave a twirl and Mal appreciates her simple yet elegant design.