Chapter 36

Vix opens her eyes to see the sun shining bright pink over her sensitive eyes. Her head pounded brutally.

She tries to get up but is caught of nausea. "Easy." Said Lugh. "Just lay back for a bit."

She hissed, laying back down and smirks. "I still look pretty?"

Lalon sat beside on the bed, chuckles. "Still the most beautiful girl of them all."

She scoffs. The kids were around the bed- a few got bruises on their arms or faces- she laid on, her bed. She's in her room, recognizing her decor, the sun was glaring at the pink fabric draped over her bed, and her clean drawer with organized makeup kits, jewelry, and a mirror. Everyone was quiet, Lalon wanted to break the awkwardness when Vix realized where they are. One look Lalon nods as Vix thinks over.

"Who was-"

"Well, well, sleeping beauty has awakened from her deep sleep."

Vic knew the voice, and in the half second, before she looked, she saw everyone face tighten with anger. Vix looked to see Calvin, standing at the doorway, smiling a greasy ugly smile.

"What you doing here?" Max growled, standing his ground over Vix. It was not a deliberate act of defiance. It was more an act of protection for Vix.

"Whoa, calm down kitties," said Calvin with the slick civility he used when he was setting up a bad joke- or something worse. "Just checkin' on the lovely here. Almost lost you girly."

"Could of, if you hadn't hit me, you Scottish bastard!" Lugh threatens, and he laughed. Vix gasped. She never seen Lugh curse and threaten someone deeply. It is a side Lugh never brings up or shows. And Calvin didn't say a single word about it to Lugh.

"Oh, I see you guys are doing fine..."

"What do you want from us? We didn't go with your boys to the compound." Said Lalon with quiet menace.

Calvin nodded as if agreeing, but he said, "I seem to remember you guys were going after Mal, right?"

They said nothing.

Calvin lowered his eyes. "Well, the compound was... nothing but a compound."

"What?" Said Vix in shock.

"Charlie told me before my boys went off. The Saviors have a few compounds to themselves. Up at Farmington's, it is a sheriff's department, trying to scavenge there and using the radios. Turns out, only fifty people stayed there. The rest live in a community. Thousands of them."

Vix shifted on the bed uncomfortably and threw an inquiring look at Calvin. "So, it was a trap. You led your boys into a death trap. If the Saviors find out-"

"Exactly. You are becoming smarter than ever Vix. Yes, Charlie ordered my boys to kill the Saviors but didn't tell them that once they do attack, Negan will eventually find out and come after them. Charlie needed something to distract Negan, let him figure out Charlie had been involved in this but will eventually make an agreement. Also, he wanted to try to make Negan the blame for taking all our supplies in the Tradepost. Charlie needs him to focus on the Tradepost so Charlie can do his... other plans."

"Blame? It's those Claimers and the weird language "Glory" people who are taking everything." Lalon frowned. "You led your boys to be killed by Negan. How do you feel Calvin? To let Charlie take them to execution, with no reason, no cause."

"It's sad, yes. However, things will come. I made my own deal. I just play along."

Killeen groaned in frustration, almost pulling his blonde hair out of his scalp "What are you talking about? Stop with these rhymes. What does Charlie want with Negan? Whatever he's gonna do, it'll be nothing but wrong decisions!"