Chapter 29

As they waited for so many hours by taking long breaks and walking until the sky is dark enough for anyone to sleep till. Then once coming out of the road and crossing through the forest, the muddied rusted sign read: Farmington.

Mal is actually nervous. She hasn't been nervous for a long time, it's unusual for her body to reaction this way. Because of the fact that escaping is not going to be easy. Mal even prays the Saviors will wake up and demolish them.

Crouching through the thick shrubs then stopping at a tree bark on the forest floor, they see a tall white sheriff's department building next to the stores all the way down the street.

The Saviors compound.

A fence cage surround the building, two guards with shotguns searched close to the entrance of the building outside of the fence. Mal appreciates the Saviors genuine idea of keeping the Infected away. The fence is covered with Infected tied against the fence in chains, reaching around in space, moaning in the thin air. It covers the scent and Infected and Runners would wander away.

The tattered mailman had his whole lower body split itself, splashing on the ground, the rotten guts hanged out of the stomach.

"Christ! What a mess." Said one of the guardsmen.

Kaito snaps his finger for them to circle around. "Alright boys. Let's sneak close and take them down at the same time. Once we get inside, we split up into five groups, going through every corridor. Got it."

They whispery replied. And he chuckled in pride. "I can't believe we are gonna kill the famous Negan. We'll be in the history books of Negan's demise. Miles, come with me. Follow my orders."

Mal stood in the shadows and watched them walk up onto the grass. The guard stiffened as the boys spread apart.

"We have to call him on this," he began, "we can't have Infected keep on-"

Those were his last words. Mal never saw their hands move. All she saw was a flash of bright steel in the dark that seemed to whip their necks, and suddenly both men were falling away from them. Blood painted the cement.

He whistles and they come in, unlocking the gate from one of the guards keys.

She glances at the dead guards, and a deep guy level she knew it wasn't necessary for them to die quickly.

Kaito put his hand on Mal's shoulder. "Alright, we go inside. Keep it quiet, no funny business."

Mal said nothing. She absently shoves his hand away. "I'll stay back to guard." She said. "Keep us posted if anything comes in."

"No. We need all the help we can get. I know the monster inside you craves it."

This isn't going as planned, her mind screamed in desperation to escape. The Calvary Boys will watch over her. How can I escape this mess, she questioned.

Mal said, "I don't think you need my help."

"Yes, you do."

Mal didn't reply.

Phillip quietly opened the front door and stepped inside, checking around the place. Everyone sneaked up, footsteps being stealthy as ever.

One quietly opened the front right caged door and stepped inside. And stopped dead. His eyes went wide, and when Mal and the others followed him in, she also stared. On one side of the room, weapons and ammunition, were stacked from the floor to shelves; on the other were smaller, more well used guns and rifles, each of them hanging on a nail driven into the wall. All these weapons can bring an army. If there were more of them, it's definitely an army you can't win against.