Chapter 3:

•••••••••• Xavier's POV ••••••••

Who the heck would I get to tutor me that didn't want something from me. I went walking around the mall looking for what nerd could I get to help.

As I walked I around the corner with my head down I suddenly heard someone shriek I looked up to only find a weird couple running away. What the heck just happened. I was about to follow them but I thought it was pointless they were already a distance away an plus they would probably be rushing me asking me for things. I continued walking around and ended in the food court I got some Fro-yo and sat in the corner near the trash cans. I figured I wouldn't be notice me especially not on a Tuesday.

I sat down on the table and started eating that is until I saw two weird teens around my age sitting a few tables away. I couldn't quite figure out who was the girl but I sure knew who the guy was Nathan.

I knew Nathan hated me for asking Wendy out back in middle school when we were friends. Guess he still seemed pissed cause he kept avoiding looking at me as for the girl she shot me a few glances. Like every girl around town they couldn't keep their eyes of Xavier Valentine nephew of the Towns mayor and son of Mr. and Mrs. Valentine CEOs of a car company.

My parents were a big deal around this little town after all we were rich and my uncle was the mayor. I guess success runs in the family besides me.

I kept failing classes causing my parents to make a big deal saying I would have to quit football until I got them up again.

Apparently it's a big deal for my family that I do everything perfect just like my older brother Luke.

The guy was a great football player and great student which got him scholarship to Yale for his amazing talents. BLAH BLAH BLAH. Hate it when my parents compared me to Luke. Luke this Luke that.

That's what got me into this hot mess.

My grades weren't up to perfection now I have to get them up by getting a tutor.

I decided I should go home. There's no point in staying in the mall.

--------------------------------------------

I was relived to find out no one was home. No one but Gloria the house maid and me. I went upstairs into my room. I started to check out my middle contacts on who could help me out on getting a tutor.

I figured the best would be to call up Lily because she seemed to be the only smart one in the group.

After 20 mins on the phone Lily finally agreed on coming over to talk.

15mins later the door rang, I came down and opened the door to find freckle faced little Red head Lily.

Lily was wearing a red tee with high up shorts.

I welcomed Lily in and we went up to my room. I told her about the whole tutor problem.

Lily then said " I know who could help and who your parents would be okay with too."

I stared at her. Really someone who my parents accept I wonder who she had in mind.

" Remember how your parents took therapy after the whole Luke girl thing problems" said Lily.

" Ya how could I forget it was the only time my parents got mad at him" I said remembering the time my parents came in Luke's room finding him having sex with his girlfriend.

"Well anyways the therapist ended up getting along with your mom and last time I heard is that she had a daughter" said Lily enthusiastically.

" Soooo???" I questioned her.

Lily rolled her eyes and said "It's Scarlet Jones "

" Again sooo???" honestly I don't get why she's so happy about it.

" You're such an idiot Scarlet is in advanced classes and is one of the highest in most classes" said Lily happily.

"So you think she would be up to tutoring me without asking anything?"

I said still questioning her theory.

" Look Scarlet is one of those quite girls around school that hardly talk to anyone" sighed Lily "And plus I was friends with her before and I know that she has no care in the world for us"

Lily said that so quietly that I swear it seemed she was gonna burst into tears.

As to move to on a different topic I decided to bring the idea how to get Some alone time to ask Scarlet.

"Talk to Nathan first." Lily responded making eye contact.

Was she kidding Nathan would choke me the death the minute we are alone.

I gave her a are-you-fricken-crazy look.

And she chuckled and said "Do

It you big wimp."

I finally Decided tomorrow I would talk to my parents about Mrs. Jones and Scarlet.