Chapter 4

•••••••••••• Xavier's POV ••••••••••••

It was 9:30pm already and my parents still weren't home I decided to call my mom.

" Hello"

"Mom I need to ask about Ms.Jones " I breathed heavily I can't believe I was actually gonna do this.

"Doesn't she have a daughter or something?"

"Yes she does Scarlet I believe she's around your age why do you ask" she questioned.

Ugh I should probably hang up or something this is pointless. Just about I was gonna hang up my mom said " Are you wondering about the dinner for Friday?"

This defiantly caught me off guard. What dinner?

" Mom what dinner?"

" Didn't your father tell you about the thank you dinner to Ms. Bello" God why the hell did she have to bring him up. He wasn't my dad he was my step dad.

"No" I finally said. Looks like the universe already has some plans. Great.

" Oh well all you have to know is Friday dinner so be prepared now I have to go Bye Xavier" she finally said.

I hung up.

----------------------------------------

This is so stupid. Friday night was always go out with the guys and get drunk. Instead I had to attend a stupid dinner. Why the hell did I have to make that damn phone call.

Friday night I was in my room looking what to wear I finally decided a buttoned up Aqua blue shirt along with dark jeans and black dress down shoes.

I really hope tonight goes by quick enough for me to be able to join Joey and the others.

As I went done stairs I realized he was here.

Why the hell was Luke here. He had no business being here.

Luke was suppose to be in college far far away from me. Guess my parents did some talking and got him here.

I hate my parents for that.

I decided not to talk at all tonight I went into the kitchen and say down on the table waiting for everyone to come.

I heard the door open, greetings and laughing happened. This was weird I've never heard laughing in this house.

When they came in and sat down My jaw dropped.

Ms. Jones caught me staring at her daughter. And how can she blame me she was the girl with Nathan from the mall. How the hell did I not know her.

While my mom went to talk to Gloria about the food my dad was having his own conversation with Luke.

Ms. Jones looked at me questionably and finally broke the ice by asking, "Do you know Scarlet, Xavier?"

Right when she asked my mom came in and say down and my Dad and like also paid attention.

Scarlet wasn't looking she just had her eyes glued to her phone. I can tell she wasn't interested.

I finally decided to say, " Matter of fact yes think I've seen her around school before" I lied.

My mom seemed interested as well.

Shit. That was never good. "Really Xavier I didn't know you and Scarlet were friends."

We weren't friends and even though it annoyed me that my mom asked questions I was still quite amused with Scarlet looking at me.

" Well if you two are so good friends maybe Scarlet can tutor you" Luke said pretending to be fascinated. I hated his damn smirk.

Ms. Jones had a big grin plastered on.

" That would be fantastic after all Scarlet could use a friend to talk to"

I bursted out laughing when I saw Scarlet's reaction. She turned bright pink.

Scarlet glared at me. I just smirked I guess tonight was gonna be interesting.