Chapter 30 runaway

••••••• Scarlet POV••••••

Usually I wouldn't do this. I'm not one to runaway. Usually I would hide in my room or hide in the library. Never really doing something to actually help myself. After today all I could think about was running. Far far, far away. Away from it all. But I couldn't I had a life and I had a family and I guess I had somewhat friends and people who counted on me. What I wonder is what happened to the people I counted on? Where did they all go?

What happened to the people I trusted and love? Did they all just leave or did they grow up to be the monsters society has made? I don't know what happen to them all I know the little people I had left in my life let me down and now I don't know what to do now that I'm alone.

Out of all the people who could hurt me I never thought Nathan would be one of them. My best friend not only lied to me but kept a Secret from me so big that it ruined our friendship.

I wanted to go home but what good would that be my family was out of town so I would be coming home to an isolated island. I could run more but to where?

I was hurt and I didn't want people to take pity on me. I wanted to come back stronger than before. But I couldn't. No one can change in a matter time as much to get stronger.

-----------------------

Before I knew it I was at her house. I was at Megan's house. Megan and I were cousins. At school no one really knew we were, a few of her friends sure but we never made it obvious that we were related. We were about the same height and same age. I don't think I've talked to her for a while now. It's odd to be standing in her living room.

"Here and would you like some hot cocoa?" Megan's sister looked exactly alike to Megan just she had freckles and her hair was more of a dirty blonde.

"Thanks Ella I really appreciative this."
Ella and me were closer friends then with Megan we were always together as kids just is girls. Ella was a few older than me and Megan which was good because without her advice as being older and mature we'd be lost without her.

" So what made you want to come here? This is pretty far from your house and town what happened?" I wanted to tell her so badly but right now I really wasn't feeling well. It was raining when I came driving here the turns and mountains was quite a ride.

" Trouble. Guy trouble. And I just want to be here atleast for the fall break." I really did want to stay here for the week. I called my parents before I left and told them I would be staying at Megan's house. At first they thought I was crazy but as soon as I mentioned I be working at the animal shelter they agreed.

" Alrighty well I've made the bed so you can stay in the guest room I hope you feel better in the morning." Ella and I got up for a quick hug before she went up back to bed. She smelled like peppermint and chocolate same old Ella.

Tonight was chaotic with everything from losing the people I loved to having no one. I guess it's better off to be alone.

--------------------------------------

I couldn't sleep in this house. It felt distant and mysterious. This room this bed. It was all unfamiliar and all I could think about was Xavier. I did even listen to him when he tried to explain. Everything just got to me all at once.

I got as close to the wall as possible. The bed Ella led me borrow was a twin size blue mattress with blue and white crispy covers. The walls were nearly falling piece by piece this old house could be falling by now. I had no idea why they even lived here. The house was about 50yrs old and it was only Ella and Megan living here. Their parents died when they were younger, Ella was a nurse.Ella could have easily gotten a new house. I never understood why they even liked it here.
It was so far from town and they hardly had any neighbors here. Maybe they wanted to desert themselves from everyone else same how I decided to go. Whatever it may be this house was my last resort to get away from all the drama from town. I had to make the best of it for fall break.

-------------------------------------

Alrighty hello readers it's been a while. Sorry I wasn't so sure at first on where she would go but I figured it out. Anyways Merry Christmas Eve. ( date today)
Xoxox
Smile
Comment
Follow
Vote :)