Chapter 24: party to find fate

••••••• Scarlet Jones •••••••••

The party was gonna be in a few hours it was 4:26pm I had my dress on and make up done the only problem was whether I should wear shoes or heels.

I wasn't planning on dancing or anything special so I finally decided on just wearing my Jordans with my dress.

I was a little surprised when Xavier asked me to go with him to the party. But I guess he was just trying to be nice. He said at 6pm he would pick me up to get something to eat before the party. I wanted to get dressed early in case there was a mishap of some sort and plus I was gonna curl my hair so that was gonna be the time consuming.

I kept checking the time to make sure I was ready when Xavier came.

After finishing my hair it was 5:43pm I was pretty sure Xavier was gonna be here in his neon green outfit as well. I told him I wanted to be somewhat matching that way I wouldn't lose sight of him.

I kept looking at the mirror making sure everything was perfect.

*ding Dong*

I was pretty sure it was gonna be Xavier when I opened the door. I was expecting Xavier dressed in his matching neon suit with his car parked in the front. Instead of finding Mr. Perfect I found drunk raggedy Adam I have no idea where he came from not did I care. All I did was take him up to my room for him to lay down and see if he was hurt.

As I dragged him upstairs onto the bed he kept mumbling and crying about something. I couldn't understand him at all.

After patting his head and asking him to shush I cleared his face with a soaking towel. He had a bruise on his left cheek and had tears running down his face with a few cuts on his arm.

"What the heck Adam what happened" I was shocked to see him this way.

" Emma.... she .....lied" he kept blubbering that I couldn't as much hear him explain instead he kept crying.

" Speak up I can't hear you"

" Emma has a BOYFRIEND" Adam shouted at the top of his lungs with his eyes bunged out. He looked at me with the saddest face I've ever seen. He dug his face in one of my pillows crying out like crazy.

I couldn't think of what to say because the Next min I heard another ring at the door.

* Ding Dong*

Okay now opening the door I found stunning Xavier with his neon outfit shades and his car. I led him in and spoke to him about what just happen with Adam upstairs.

" You got to be kidding me you said you we were gonna go to the party with me" he sat with his head leaned low and his shoulders back.

" I know I did but Adam came and he's depressed that Emma has a boyfriend" I kept staring at the stairs hoping Adam was fine.

" Adam comes at the last minute for help just when I'm gonna take you to have a great time way to be a pain in the ass Adam" he was surely pissed off by the news.

" I'm sorry Xavier I can't go

But you can go without me?" I tried to get him to go without me.

" Are you kidding the whole point was to be with you Scarlet" he looked at me with pleading eyes.

" Xavier I'm sorry.. just Adam needs me"

Suddenly I heard foot steps coming down the stairs. Adam was looking for me crying.

" Scarlet " he kept sobbing.

" You have to be kidding me Adam can't you get you're shit together and not have to bother Scarlet with your dumb emotions"

Xavier went up to Adam and pushed him so that way they be facing each other.

" What the hell are you doing here Xavier" Adam moved his tears away and looked like he was the one who should be upset.

" I was gonna go out with Scarlet til you came here and fucked up the moment" Xavier was really saying a lot of things.

" Look I'm here because Scarlet is amazing and she's my best friend"

" Adam you still don't gotta come here and fuck up Scarlet's night out " Xavier came over to me and put his arm around my shoulders.

" I came here because I know Scarlet loves me and would help me out" Adam reached for my hand.

Okay so here I was with Xavier hugging my side and Adam holding my hand. They were waiting for my call to say something. Xavier wasn't my best friend but he was a guy who cared about and so I couldn't offend him. And it's true that Adam shouldn't be telling me about Emma problems.

I said what I could only say.

" Both of you guys expected me to do something and you each effect the other one. Adam you could have texted or asked someone else like Nathan. And Xavier I'm sorry but now was not the time to fight with Adam. Please both of you get out."

Adam went out sobbing while Xavier just stood for a second. I saw him roll his eyes at Adams Reaction and than kissed my cheek.

" Sorry Scarlet can we talk or make a re do tomorrow?" I couldn't think right now so I just said I would think about it.

He hugged me and left.

So as soon as they left I did the most logical thing I took off my dress and put on some pjs ate some ice cream and watched Netflix I rather be eating ice cream than deal with guy problems.

------------------------------------

Hey guys updated also I have a new muse in my life causing some changes that might happen. There's some ideas running through my head.

I'm open to considerations so comment.

Follow.

Vote.

Read on because I'm doing a lot.

And smile c: