Chapter Fifteen: THE STORY

Chances

The dinner was served and everyone seemed gleeful. Nag-eenjoy ako sa panonood ng maraming tao nang kunin ni Zacc ang atensiyon ko.

"Babe? You're not eating."

"Natutuwa lang akong makita 'yong mga kakilala ko na nandito."pag-amin ko. Kumaway si Warren sa'kin kaya kinawayan ko rin 'to. "When did you tell them?"

"I can't remember. Basta 'yon 'yong araw na nakipagdate ka kay Arlo sa isang Art Fair."sagot niya saka ngumisi.

"Sira ulo. Hindi 'yon date."pakli ko.

"Ano'ng tawag mo don?"

"Zacc. Tumigil ka na. Malapit na akong mainis."

"Gusto kong mainis ka."nakangising sabi niya.

"Talaga? Iiwan kita rito kapag ininis mo 'ko."pananakot ko.

"So you're a liar then. You just said in front of these people that you will be with me wherever I go."ayaw papigil na pang-iinis niya. "Right, airplane?"

"Zacc!"

"You said it. I heard it."

"Bakit? Ikaw ba? You really mean those things you said to me in front of this crowd?"I snapped back.

"Yes."walang pagdadalawang-isip na sagot niya.

"When you said you love me, did you mean that too?"

"Alright, everyone!"tawag ni Mirana sa atensiyon ng lahat. "Before anything else, in behalf of the couple, I would like to extend our gratitude for your presence and support. It means a lot to Zacc and Chances."

She hosted the reception because she wanted to. Being Zacc's bestfriend, malayang nagawa niya ang gustong 'yon.

"Before we proceed in giving messages, tips, and bits of advice to our lovely couple, it would just be fair enough that they decipher the mystery you all have in mind. As for me, I know everything about them and I was their constant witness and I am still until today. But I can't project the right emotions in telling you how their beautiful story began if I'll be the one narrating it. So to give justice, let's ask our gorgeous bride to bring us to the world where they first met."

May mga microphone kaming pareho ni Zacc sa mesa. Ayaw niya ring tumayo ako so I stayed beside him while we began telling everyone one big lie.

"Ayaw ni Zacc na tumayo ako so if you'd be so kind, allow me to narrate everything while sitting down. Now here's how the crazy tale began almost two years ago."

Ayun. Kasinungalingan.

"It's funny because Zacc used to really hate me because what he saw in that nineteen-years young lady is nothing but her stupidity. He has a past that I wouldn't term as unhappy. It was a beautiful past and the only thing that made it bitter is the fact that it already lasted." Tumigil ako para lingunin si Zacc na nakatitig sa'kin. "I was a student and he was a young successful bachelor. So when I dared to help him move on from the past, we kept our relationship from everybody. I decided that on my own even though he disagreed."I paused to glance at him. He was just staring at me.

"Everyone knows, I am no princess. I own no carriage, I have nothing but my heart. But this prince beside me accepted me for what I am when everyone couldn't. Afterall, he doesn't need a princess with a carriage. He only wanted a princess he can ride with on his white horse."

"Ang daming nagtatanong kung bakit ang aga-aga pa, nagpakasal na kami. I haven't finished my studies yet and currently I am on my last year. Why haven't we waited? Bakit nga ba, Zacc?"tanong ko sa kanya. Ngumiti lang siya.