Chapter Seventeen: HUNGRY WIFE

Zacchary

I've been trying to wake her up for almost five minutes now. She sleeps like dead. Siguro, hahayaan ko nalang siyang matulog. Kaya lang, hindi pwede. She's hungry. She hasn't eaten anything at the dinner.

"Babe? Wake up."

"Hmmn."ungol niya sabay takwil ng kamay ko.

"I'll rape you if you won't wake up."I threatened as a joke but she still didn't open her eyes.

She's sleeping soundly. Nobody's waking up the queen then. I turned the TV off and lie down beside her to sleep. But I stole a smack on her lips before eventually closing my eyes. Good nights and mornings. I hope they won't end.

"Zacchary. Gising!"I heard Chances' tiny voice waking me but my eyes won't cooperate with my will to wake up. "May atraso ka sa'kin. Gumising ka diyan."

"Babe. I need to catch some sleep."

"I'm hungry. Nangako kang gigisingin mo 'ko pero 'di mo 'ko ginising!"pagmamaktol niya.

I felt her getting off the bed so I forced my eyes open. Her hair's so messy but she looks so adorable. Then I heard Mirana's voice at the back of my head.

I'll say you're attracted to Chances if you still find her beautiful and sexy even when she's all covered with sweater and pajama, when her hairdo's a mess, or when she smells nasty when she's sick and it all won't matter.    

Napangiti ako't binalingan ulit si Chances. She's pouting while she stares at the wall clock. Isang oras lang pala akong nakatulog. It's just 4 in the morning.

"Sorry babe. I'll just heat your food up. Stay here and don't go back to sleep."

I placed the food I ordered on the microwave and waited for a few minutes. When I returned to the room, Chances remained seated at the end of the bed trying to keep her eyes open. She kept yawning too.

"You look really sleepy."puna ko.

"I am. Ang bigat nga ng katawan ko eh."pagtatapat niya sabay masahe ng braso niya.

"It's okay. I'll let you rest for the whole day. Kumain ka na muna. I'll feed you."

Pinaisod ko siya papalapit sa'kin para masubuan ko siya ng maayos. What she did though was incline her head on my chest. Antok na antok na nga talaga siguro siya. She's chewing the food with her eyes closed!

"Ayoko na. Matutulog na ako."

"Chan, that was just two spoonfuls!"I retorted.

"I want to sleep."sagot niya at agad na umalis mula sa pagsandal sa'kin.

Sumalampa agad siya pabalik sa kama. Sinubukan ko pa siyang asarin through raining feathery kisses on her cheeks but she did not react like she normally would. Tulog na nga siya. My eyes accidentally wandered on her legs—finding out that the polo hiked up higher almost showing her undies. I took a gulp before stretching the cloth downwards. Kinumutan ko siya ng maayos saka tumabi sa kanya.

I tried going back to sleep but my eyes won't cooperate. In the end, I just found myself staring at the angel beside me. Zacc, ano'ng ginagawa mo? Stop this. Frustrated, I got up and walked around the room like nuts. I've been walking to and fro for hours but I still can't get all these stuff now out of my head. You've dived to deep, Zacc. You'll drown.

"Zacc?"

Natarantang binalingan ko siya nang marinig ang boses niya.

"Hindi ka natulog?"she asked meekly. "May problema ba? May gumugulo ba sa isip mo?"